So how are those FL, GA, TX and TN case numbers?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by EOS, May 17, 2020.

1. RSCamaro

RSCamaro

I don't think that people realize that there is no cure at this point and it is highly contagious. In all likelihood you are going to get it unless you lock yourselves up until the cure has been found.

The Good news is that the drugs they are using to combat it are working very well. The death counts are lowering every day even with the positive cases rising, like they weren't going to, rise that is.

I am in and around hospitals 3 to 4 days a week. Hospitals in the Bronx, Westchester, Rockland, and on up through the 80 mile or so mark upstste. Wear your mask when you are near people and wash your hands often. You'll be fine. If you are a compromised person, stay away from people. I haven't tested and haven't had any of the symptoms, and I believe that I'm still going to end up with it sometime in the future.

Good luck to everyone, be safe,

...Ron

redneck ron likes this.
  2. dkf

dkf

I'm not the one spamming this and several other threads every hour or two like your boy synthsoscared is calling people stupid for not agreeing with his hysteria. So your ramble is not only not warranted but inaccurate. You can stay in your house like a scare little boy too. Waaaaa waaaa

redneck ron likes this.

3. racerford

racerford

Just like I said, when people said they lost access to medical care when things were more shutdown, they are called liars. My wife was denied medical care for severe pain related to spinal and neurological issues, when things were more shut down. She was directly told, normally we would admit you, but due to CoVid we are only admitting coronary issues, severe trauma, and Covid. Go F yourself. You do not know what you are talking about. There have been many articles about the reduction in ER visits for strokes and heart attacks. And mysteriously higher numbers of in home deaths from heart attack. How surprising. I am sure they are not related. Or prove it. You let me know when you can prove with peer reverie was studies with CoVid that cloth masks reduce infections, with a double blind methodology, or it doesn’t count. Yes, I know you can’t be double blind on masks, because they are obviously visible, but it the same level you demand for anything positive, so I demand the same.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    dkf likes this.
  4. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

First, how are you aware of what syntaxerrorsix thinks? Are you very close to the this individual or are the same?

Foolishly opening businesses and then needing to shutter them is again is the true economy killing measure. The main reason medical care is in such bad shape is due to impotent federal response based on this virus magically disappearing. The incompetence of the administration not understanding or implementing the tools available is inexcusable.

Other than through death, if a marriage or relationship is ruined due to this then it probably was not that great to begin. Sadly, suicide and mental illness has always been around.

tacit mesa likes this.
  5. dkf

dkf

Wow we you are getting in with the doctor just now. How about the people that had their appointments canceled months ago and just are now able to get in to a doctor. Both my parents had their surgeries canceled, their PCP appointments canceled, appointments with their surgeons canceled, imaging canceled, etc, etc. Even my parents doctor could not get his wife in for imaging during all this. They have been waiting all this time and finally got the imaging a few weeks ago, surgery is still backed up but my mom just got hers last week. Both have been waiting months in pain because of this mess. I even had my PCP appointment canceled a couple months ago and appointments are still limited so I did not get a new one.

There are articles that have noticed the uptick in suicide during this. Good luck getting accurate numbers with all the deaths falsely being listed as covid19.

6. dkf

dkf

I've seen enough of his drivel here to know exactly where he stands.

Yea because the last shutdown, masks, social distancing and all that crap worked so good thus far right? Lets just keep that going huh? So how long exactly should we keep everything fully or partially shut down to eradicate this virus? Is 6 months, a year, two years gonna be enough?

No the failure of medical care was mandating it be almost completely shut down to begin with. The taxpayer spent hundreds of millions of $$$ on temporary hospitals that saw little to no patients. The vast majority of hospitals were never even remotely close to capacity, some did not even have a covid patient. My local hospital had around 10 and none of them died. They had staff furloughed or just let go for months. Many hospitals are in bad financial shape now because of the lack of patients. Many of my local hospitals have permanently laid off staff because of it. A local hospital purged 10% of staff permanently last month due to financial shortfalls.

7. KikoMonster

KikoMonster

Yes and Yes. New York City/state appears to have succeeded so far because they made a plan, implemented it and adjusted for oversights during implementation. I personally do not believe this virus will be eradicated. Once a scientific approach to the dealing with this virus is accepted and improved upon, based on a greater knowledge base, I expect it to be manageable.

As far as costs, it is better to have something and not need it than to not have it need it. Yes, the taxpayer is the one footing the bill as usual, just like we do with defense spending, building walls, impeachments, investigations, hearings, and constant replacement of federal personnel and staff due to how the government is currently operating, along with the costs associated due to the replacements that have no experience or understanding their job responsibilities. Of course, the current POTUS claims he is "The King of Debt" and proud that he does not pay taxes. So costs must not be a concern when favored companies are getting the money until something like healthcare needs funding.

I am glad that your local hospital did not have any mortalities.

A large-portion of our society needs to come to their senses and realize that their civil rights are not being violated. Unfortunately, we are seeing the failures of making decisions based on politics. For example, the adding of more swamp creatures by hiring friends and donors with no expertise in their given jobs, using military equipment and personnel for photo ops, as well as those mayors not encouraging the apprehension and prosecution of criminal because thier "base" may not approve - I am talking about those mayors allowing their cities to be destroyed.

On Sunday, after watching and hearing Administration officials on various news shows (ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC) I asked my wife if it sounded like something Pravda would have been reporting. She unfortunately had to admit yes; she was raised in the CCCP.

8. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

I can't stress enough guys...

this is all hyper-exaggerated bull****.

Our friend the traveling nurse is keeping us posted on what's going on here locally.

The latest headline in the paper reads:

"86% of ICU beds occupied in Shelby County."
    [​IMG]

IF YOU DON'T ****ING PANIC YOU ARE A HEARTLESS BASTARD!!

[​IMG]

Well ****ing guess what, the hospital where she is is now up to a whopping 20, did you get that 20 covid patients None critical. Again, close to half are "rule outs" which means they have some symptoms but have not tested positive yet.

WE ARE BEING DRIVEN OVER A CLIFF AND SOME OF YOU ARE CHEERING AS WE GO like you're on a roller coaster at six flags.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  9. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

The entire internet is hosting clowns that don't believe it's a serious illness despite all evidence to the contrary. This very thread being one. Why would I need to be compassionate about something that's no big deal right? I guess rape victims believe rape is real right? Seems like a piss poor analogy.

thespork and tacit mesa like this.
  10. syntaxerrorsix

Feel free to point out where I said I want lock downs.

Take your time and then STFU yourself.

11. syntaxerrorsix

You must have me confused with someone else. Are you drunk? This is the only thread I'm currently in discussing this.

12. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Interesting, huh? Not out of the woods yet but cautiously optimistic.
    upload_2020-7-14_7-18-13.jpeg

Sharkey likes this.
  13. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Not to worry...

someone will be along shortly to tell you that this is going to jump to 1k per 100k because you’re heartless and don’t care about other’s lives because science. And oh yeah, Dr. fauci said so.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Sharkey likes this.
  14. Sharkey

Sharkey

To you it seems like a piss poor analogy but you obviously lack compassion. You sound like some of the leftists shouting to LEOs that you wish their families died too.
    It is a serious virus and no you don't want it BUT IF you get it your chance at survival is pretty freaking high. It's so bad a journalist has faked having it and you want me to believe without question what they say? Uh huh....

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

15. syntaxerrorsix

It's not a lack of compassion but when people play stupid games I don't get choked up when they win stupid prizes.

16. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"I'm not the one spamming this and several other threads every hour or two like your boy synthsoscared is calling people stupid for not agreeing with his hysteria. So your ramble is not only not warranted but inaccurate. You can stay in your house like a scare little boy too. Waaaaa waaaa"

My boy? You are an idiot or still in the 8th grade.

I stand by my statement.

17. syntaxerrorsix

Could be both...

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Florida: COVID test results - 9.4% positive reported as 98% and 6% positive reported as 76%????

"The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health's positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report.

The report also showed that the Orlando Veteran’s Medical Center had a positivity rate of 76 percent. A spokesperson for the VA told FOX 35 News on Tuesday that this does not reflect their numbers and that the positivity rate for the center is actually 6 percent."

FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Hospitals confirm mistakes in Florida’s COVID-19 report

slym2none and redneck ron like this.
  19. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"In the past 13 days, Miami-Dade County has seen staggering increases in the number of Covid-19 patients being hospitalized (68%), in the number of ICU beds being used (69%) and in the use of ventilators (109%), the Miami-Dade County Government reported.
    Forty-eight Florida hospitals, including eight in Miami-Dade, have reached their ICU capacity, according to the Agency for Health Care Administration."

Iow, let's say only 24 Florida hospitals have reached their ICU capacity, not the 48 in the quote. Let's say ventilator usage is up only 54.5%, not the 109% quoted. Those are still huge numbers for a two-week period.

20. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Why Bren...

you're not actually implying that journalists and health officials would actually lie about something so important, are you???

faceplant and Sharkey like this.