Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
National Capitalist
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s been approximately two weeks, maybe a little more, since they’ve reopened. Are there bodies in the streets? Are they digging mass graves? Are nurses making crying Facebook videos yet?

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
I find it a little suspicious that world-o-meters was the go-to place for numbers when 2000+ people were dying a day in the midst of all the lockdowns, but now that the numbers are lower in the midst of the reopenings, numbers seem to be coming from somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
It’s been approximately two weeks, maybe a little more, since they’ve reopened. Are there bodies in the streets? Are they digging mass graves? Are nurses making crying Facebook videos yet?
NO
YES
and NO

People are dying by the millions and THEY have been digging mass graves in secret for a couple months now and tossing in anyone that says otherwise.

tin foil hat.jpg
owl.jpg

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Weird. World-o-Meters shows 8 for yesterday. Where is there an accurate, up-to-date historical count?
I've only been watching Florida, and there are a couple of charts from the state here: https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...ng-florida-reports-777-new-coronavirus-cases/

Don't count on it being accurate as to the number of cases because the governor at first wasn't counting non-residents, but after that was exposed, they started including them. There is still a shortage of tests and there also seem to be a large number of tests coming back as "inconclusive", so the quality of the tests may not be what one would hope for.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've only been watching Florida, and there are a couple of charts from the state here: https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...ng-florida-reports-777-new-coronavirus-cases/

Don't count on it being accurate as to the number of cases because the governor at first wasn't counting non-residents, but after that was exposed, they started including them. There is still a shortage of tests and there also seem to be a large number of tests coming back as "inconclusive", so the quality of the tests may not be what one would hope for.
East coast Florida papers are stating 25,000 tests are inaccurate.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts

Even by the link you provided, the claim of 50 deaths per day post-reopen isn't accurate:

fl.png

Yes, there's a disclaimer at the bottom saying delays may skew the more recent data, but FL was one of the earlier states to reopen. It's gonna be a pretty hard sell, with this data, to instill panic about the reopening. There's certainly no evidence so far that reopening was a bad idea.

·
Registered
13,257 Posts
I am told that confirmed cases are up in the county I live in, but I have yet to know anyone who has it.

Reactions: rock_castle

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
I am in FL it is going okay so far. We are doing lots of tests and the positive rate is declining. Deaths are going down. It is a multi week process for most deaths so they lag by a few weeks or more. Last I heard we have more hospital beds and icu beds available then we usually do pre covid.

We have a lot of old people in FL. We have a lot of long term care facilities.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
I am in Brevard FL We have 370 cases out of 600K people. Total positive rate is 2.4% of tests. Been around 1% for a couple of weeks. 10 deaths are 70+ in age.

I am told that confirmed cases are up in the county I live in, but I have yet to know anyone who has it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Midstate TN. Nashville and Memphis are a hot mess, but the rest of the state is pretty much business as usual. I'm still avoiding crowds, not because of WuFlu, but because I don't like people.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Georgia's official numbers look promising. They still list the last two weeks as "preliminary" waiting for any delays in reporting. Surprisingly, they have made a decent website that is updated 3 times a day. The last week show deaths at less than 20 per day. That's with a population of about 10 million.

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

While the numbers are surely not totally accurate, they were also never off the charts scary either. Our peak number of new cases in a day was listed as 932 back in late April. Deaths topped at 54 in mid April. Both categories have been lower than the highs significantly otherwise.

I don't downplay the potential for this virus to really ramp up. So far it seems to be tragic for the families and friends of that small percentage lost.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I still don't know anyone with WuFlu. I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
It is still a little early to tell... people can take up to two weeks to show symptoms, and then wait a week before they feel bad enough to go to the hospital. Dallas has had higher numbers reported, but has also tested more people. Need to see if hospitalizations are growing or holding steady.

1 - 20 of 411 Posts