Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So firearms companies are screwing cops..

67K views 790 replies 150 participants last post by  Cavalry Doc 
#1 ·
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?

#2 ·
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
Because, it is every COTUS believing/supporting American's job/duty to stand up to the illegal tyranny that is leaking out of the so called leaders in the Wash D.C. sewer.

#3 ·
The police should not have access to weapons that are forbidden from the citizens. The police are civilians too and as such, any restriction for nonuniformed civilians should apply across the board. The politicians see the police as their personal army and often outfit them as such. The only reason I can think of why, is that they want the police to serve as a deterent against the citizens should the people finally decide that enough is enough.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#4 ·
Because, it is every COTUS believing/supporting American's job/duty to stand up to the illegal tyranny that is leaking out of the so called leaders in the Wash D.C. sewer.
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?

#5 ·
Another way to look at it this; the politicians are screwing the cops. The anti 2nd Amendment crowd have been trying to divide gun owners between "sensible" hunters and the "extreme" gun owners. Your placing blame on those standing up to these elected bullies show that it's working.

#6 ·
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Its not about punishment.

Lets say ALL gun manufactures refuse to sell to LEOs in the state of NY. No government buys, and no private purchaces.

Now, the state governments have a real issue on their hands, their LEOs will no longer have firearms to perform their duties. The state governments will have incredible pressure to amend the law or repeal it.

That's the motivation behind this.

#8 ·
How would they know they were cops, the whole premis of this is stupid.

If they are not selling to the agencies who cares.

#9 ·
It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
Care to enlighten us on this baseless third hand info?

#10 ·
I guess it just matters which side of the badge your on. Being a resident of NY and not a LEO I have an issue with LE getting special dispensation in regards to which laws apply to them. Previously Leo's were exempt from the 10rd mag ban and could have standard cap mags even off duty. Please don't think I'm trying to bash the Cops one of my best friends is a city cop. However if I get caught with more than seven rounds in a magazine who's going to be the person enforcing the laws passed by those playing political games with our freedom? I applaud the manufacturers that are standing up to Coumo and his commie thugs in Albany.

#13 ·
I guess it just matters which side of the badge your on. Being a resident of NY and not a LEO I have an issue with LE getting special dispensation in regards to which laws apply to them. Previously Leo's were exempt from the 10rd mag ban and could have standard cap mags even off duty. Please don't think I'm trying to bash the Cops one of my best friends is a city cop. However if I get caught with more than seven rounds in a magazine who's going to be the person enforcing the laws passed by those playing political games with our freedom? I applaud the manufacturers that are standing up to Coumo and his commie thugs in Albany.
You realize they are allowed to disregard traffic laws also while they are working and activate emergency lights, should car manufacturers boycott as well since you can't drive like that when you want to.

#15 ·
You realize they are allowed to disregard traffic laws also while they are working and activate emergency lights, should car manufacturers boycott as well since you can't drive like that when you want to.
And the vast majority people agrees thats reasonable, and necessary in the performance of their duties.

The gun issue is different then traffic law.

#16 ·
Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Two or three small companies with hardly the stock in LE as they claim pulling a stunt like this is baseless.

Until glock, smith and Wesson, colt and others do it, it won't be worth much. These companies sell hundreds if not thousands of weapons to agencies and rely on the business. Because that is the very nature of business!

We get 3 or 4 letters a month from various firearms and ammunition manufacturers looking to sell to us. Because a couple of bush beaters feel they are "doing the right thing" doesn't make it so.

#17 ·
Mayhem, did NY write a law to ban certain types of cars or restrict the amount of gas each one can hold while exempting the police?

Shall not be infringed........!

We're not talking about gas companies were talking about evil high horsepower sedans....

#18 ·
I guess you missed the part where they were exempt even while off duty. Cops have a crap job dealing with scumbags on a regular basis I get that. I also get its a really dangerous job. But that's what they signed up for. My cousin is a corrections officer. One of my best friends did undercover stuff. They should have the best equipment available. And then we have the local dept where the former chief just got paroled last December and his son an officer in another local dept is in jail for giving out info on a witness who then got his ass beat. Yeah I know there are good cops and bad cops good citizens and bad citizens but comments like you made make it real hard for us lowly ordinary folks to have much sympathy.

#19 ·
I guess you missed the part where they were exempt even while off duty. Cops have a crap job dealing with scumbags on a regular basis I get that. I also get its a really dangerous job. But that's what they signed up for. My cousin is a corrections officer. One of my best friends did undercover stuff. They should have the best equipment available. And then we have the local dept where the former chief just got paroled last December and his son an officer in another local dept is in jail for giving out info on a witness who then got his ass beat. Yeah I know there are good cops and bad cops good citizens and bad citizens but comments like you made make it real hard for us lowly ordinary folks to have much sympathy.
Do you not think that cops have to deal with the same idiots they arrest on duty while off duty? Do you not think they are at quite a bit more risk for retailiation from these guys? What about states/agencies that REQUIRE officers (by law or policy) to take action, even when "off duty", when certain actions occur in their presence?

#20 ·
And the vast majority people agrees thats reasonable, and necessary in the performance of their duties.

The gun issue is different then traffic law.
Soo you are saying they do not need the same weapons as the criminal to preform their jobs...fascinating....

#21 · (Edited)
I don't Want or need your sympathy just and open mind.. But alas that is too much to ask.

Btw drama much Ii never refer to anyone as lowly do you have a poor self image, this is more about you than us, get some counseling.

#22 · (Edited)
Soo you are saying they do not need the same weapons as the criminal to preform their jobs...fascinating....
Where did I say that? The fiream issue goes deeper then what's in the patrol officers holster. I want LEOs to have the best equipment available to perform their duties. I want citizens to have the best equipment to protect themselves from criminals too.

Are you saying the citizens do not need to have the same weapons as criminals to protect themselves?

Its a circular arguement. Its unfortunate LEOs get caught in the middle.

#24 ·
Why punish the citizens who are not breaking said laws?

The police aren't being "punished", they are being held to the same standard as everyone else.

Why are you attacking the MANUFACTURER, when your real enemies are the legislators.

#25 ·
Where did I say that? The fiream issue goes deeper then what's in the patrol officers holster. I want LEOs to have the best equipment available to perform their duties. I want citizens to have the best equipment to protect themselves from criminals too.

Are you saying the citizens do not need to have the same weapons as criminals to protect themselves?

Its a circular arguement. Its unfortunate LEOs get caught in the middle.
In my state all can have what they want, I would not live or work in a liberal state.

To punish law enforcement officers because of what elected Officials propose is hypocritical and counter productive..

The armed forces work directly for the US government will these companies stop selling to uncle sugar...shall not be infringed seems to be fuzzy when dollars signs are at stake....

#26 ·
Why punish the citizens who are not breaking said laws?

The police aren't being "punished", they are being held to the same standard as everyone else.

Why are you attacking the MANUFACTURER, when your real enemies are the legislators.
Why attack the cops on the street instead of the legislators, who are the real enemies? The firearms companies are trying to use cops as pawns, even the scumbag legislators aren't doing that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.