GlockTalk Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,116 Posts
That's how to spend your money. Part of my tongue had to be cut out back in 2004. The first question the ENT surgeon asked me after looking at the sore on my tongue was, "Do you chew tobacco?" I hung my head and said "Yes". After the surgery, he came to check on me in the recovery room and said it wasn't cancer. He put his hand on my shoulder and spoke very slowly , "Don't chew any more tobacco, OK? ".
What I went through was absolutely terrifying, but the Lord had great mercy on me! Many times it doesn't work out that way. You're so much better off with a nice gun!
That day that the doc talked to you after your op, after you thanked the Lord you should have bought a lottery ticket, regardless I think you came out smelling like a rose. Glad your ok.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,116 Posts
Rereading this older thread made me want to go get a dip after 3 or 4 years quit.

I just read your post and remain cured.
Well I never dipped but I smoked cigarettes for close to 50 years. I did quit a couple times for like 5 years each time, but deaths in the family got me to start again. No more family, even Rockie(African Grey Parrot)best friend and soulmate passed away on 1/3/2016. I don't see anything triggering me now, Bogart movies sure ain't gonna do it, besides I like that extra cash more than $120.00 per month. Later.

Reactions: w30olds

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,116 Posts
without fail it is always the thought of a fresh can of cope long cut that gets me in the store. it's never grizz. that is just what I resort back to due to price. Been on and off between the two brands for as long as I can remember now, which is sad.
Well don't hate me but there are many substitutes that will help, like gum, Straburst, Sweet-Tarts, Tic Tacs. I was a cigarette smoker and it was just as much about your hands as having that cigarette in your mouth. Last October 10th when I did the "Cold Turkey" thing what helped out with the hands was posting on threads a whole lot at GT. Then I had a squishy football to squeeze for other times. I chewed gum and also chewed on Starburst candy, Sweet-Tarts as well to substitute for that cigarette in my mouth. I sure hope can manage somehow, good luck.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,116 Posts
It is nice having extra pocket money. Quitting is like giving yourself a raise.
That's a great way to put it, that raise put at least 120 bucks a month into other things that I liked like great beer and steaks....mmmmmmm

·
Registered
58 Posts
I decided to quit dipping finally. Decided after 20 or so years I wanted to stop. So day 3 now and feeling ok. Really tired and sorta irritable from the nicotine withdrawal. I'm gonna try really hard to stay quit. I really loved dipping Copenhagen long cut and it's gonna be a ***** to stay clean. However I'm gonna give it a try. Please send some prayers up for me to stay quit and clean. Peace!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You go buddy. Copenhagen Long Cut was my favorite too. I can honestly relate. Keep up the good work - day at a time. God Bless and prayers to help.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
That's a great way to put it, that raise put at least 120 bucks a month into other things that I liked like great beer and steaks....mmmmmmm

Or a new gun every 4-6 months!

Reactions: cyberghostx13

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The next 3 weeks aren’t going to be fun, but after that you'll be good. You’ll get a craving every now and then, for me it was wintergreen grizzly so I’d just chew wintergreen gum whenever I felt the urge lol

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That day that the doc talked to you after your op, after you thanked the Lord you should have bought a lottery ticket, regardless I think you came out smelling like a rose. Glad your ok.
I recently had a prostate biopsy that I was pretty sure was going to indicate cancer (from the prelim numbers). At the follow-up consult, the Dr. walked in with a serious face and said, "Why don't you buy a lottery ticket today." I didn't get it at first, but when he said the 14 samples were all clear, I did the manly thing, started crying. I never did buy a lottery ticket because I felt I had already hit it two times with the tongue and prostate reports being negative for cancer!
I am blessed above all men.

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
There are so many better uses of your mouth. Ask your wife.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts