GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have one cigarette left and I'm not going to the store to get more. Woke up twice to smoke last night, it was the last straw. Not doing this anymore. When I checked in on Glocktalk and saw this thread at the top I decided it's a sign. I found caffeine to be far worse withdrawal physically, but i conquered that. Just gonna have to find a way to defeat nicotine. I'll just keep telling myself Im not going back to the store for more.

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
I have one cigarette left and I'm not going to the store to get more. Woke up twice to smoke last night, it was the last straw. Not doing this anymore. When I checked in on Glocktalk and saw this thread at the top I decided it's a sign. I found caffeine to be far worse withdrawal physically, but i conquered that. Just gonna have to find a way to defeat nicotine. I'll just keep telling myself Im not going back to the store for more.
Good luck to you.

Reactions: MAG40 Student

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
8,669 Posts
Reactions: Caver 60

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,518 Posts
Come on now, what woman wouldn't find this attractive?

Daddy used to dip until Mommy made him quit. She said it looked like he had a turd in his mouth.

Reactions: Caver 60 and clancy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Howdy!

You can do it, hang tuff brother. I dipped Skoal since I was about 12 years old. I moved up the Copenhagen in my later years. I spent a lot of hours on the range training and went through a lot of it. Decided one day to give it up and stopped. I’ve been clean from it for over twenty years now. Funny story was I told y partner I dreamer I walked into a store a purchased a an of Copenhagen I opened it up to see if it was fresh (I’m sure you know abut paying the expensive price for it now and it not be fresh) it wasn’t and give it back, got my money nd left. I told my partner I think I’m cured. So good luck, you can do it.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,565 Posts
It's tough giving up tobacco. I quit smoking 40 years ago. Hang in there.

Reactions: w30olds

·
Banned
3,090 Posts
I quit a 3 pack a day cigarette habit cold turkey on May 26, 1983 at 1AM EDT. I had smoked since September, 1959 at age 17.

It takes a great amount of will power to divorce yourself from nicotine, one of lifes most addictive substances.

I don't believe that prayers help much with this demon but down to earth reasoning will get it done.

The American Lung Association was my rock with brochures and counselors always ready to help. Every year I still send them $200. They greatly helped to save my life.

36 years free now. Now longer one day at a time.

·
5,429 Posts
Hadn't had any since, about 2.5 weeks. Still crave them a few times a day but it gets quieter and quieter as the days roll on.
The first step is taken. Keep up the good work.
Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Earlier this year I went 10 days.

I’ve never been a heavy dipper. Maybe half a can or so a day.

Probably should quit, but I don’t feel like it right now...

Reactions: w30olds

·
Registered
308 Posts
Y'all gotta quit that stuff whether smoke or chew.
But don't do it for you, do it for your wives, mothers, kids, siblings, employees, golf buddies, etc.

Losing buddies as you get older is not cool. Losing them to cancer is worse. Losing them to cancer caused by something they could have prevented... oof

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Still dip free
Forget how long it’s been. Have not caved even though I’ve wanted a dip or two. Feel good and will stay quit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Earlier this year I went 10 days.

I’ve never been a heavy dipper. Maybe half a can or so a day.

Probably should quit, but I don’t feel like it right now...
Half a can a day is quite a bit. I didn’t want to quit either as I really enjoyed it. However after 20 or so years on and off decided to give it up. You’ll get there one day. Until the enjoy a pinch for me!

·
5,429 Posts
Still dip free

Forget how long it’s been. Have not caved even though I’ve wanted a dip or two. Feel good and will stay quit!

Looks like you began the journey one or about May 24. Just over 2 months. Most wouled say you have it whipped, but don't let off the gas. It can sneak up on you.
:devildance::devildance::devildance:

81 - 100 of 170 Posts