GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 170 Posts

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
W30,

If your getting ready to relapse, just go spill the spit cup in your car. Put your nose in that and take a good snort.
Yuck. I never dipped in my car for said reasons. Usually I clean up, or throw away the spit bottles. Now when I see them makes me gag

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Best wishes in your quest for a healthier life.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I decided to quit dipping finally. Decided after 20 or so years I wanted to stop. So day 3 now and feeling ok. Really tired and sorta irritable from the nicotine withdrawal. I'm gonna try really hard to stay quit. I really loved dipping Copenhagen long cut and it's gonna be a ***** to stay clean. However I'm gonna give it a try. Please send some prayers up for me to stay quit and clean. Peace!

It is tough, don't give up. I was a raging demon at times.

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,449 Posts
Stay in the fight! the first week was the roughest IRRC, then it was just breaking bad behavior habits. TicTacs and mints always helped with the oral habit part. I always had an unopened Skole about for a while just so I wasn't ever feeling deprived, I used Copenhagen and detested Skole so that helped as well not to use.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I chewed for years. REALLY enjoyed it. Everything I did, was made better with a dip of Cope. Going shooting? Better with a dip. Long drive? Better with dip. Seeing a movie at the theater? Better with a dip. That made it VERY hard to quit for me. But after multiple failed attempts I succeeded. I realized I can't just have one every once in awhile. It did not work for me. Next thing I knew I was buying cans every other day again. The health risks were too great for me to ignore. I value my good smile and teeth my parent's put braces on. Oh, and my jaw bone, I'd like to keep that. And my money, more of that has been a good thing. I used the cans of jerky chew as a filler in my lip, then lots of seeds and gum.

Still miss it, and that feeling I got when putting a dip in, but will never go back.

Be strong, you do not want to start all over.

·
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Still no dip! Feeling much better now. Have more energy and sleeping really well. I can't really remember the last good night sleep I've had. Always taking a pinch before bed and then realizing it was 10:30, 11:00 pm. before laying down. Then having to get up at 6am for work. Sucked. Now I'm doing my workouts 3x a week and trying to eat a bit healthier. Best part is how I feel. Much more alert being off the worm dirt. I've not had many cravings. I changed my routine to be doing something else during my old dip times. Stomach been acting up. Guess all the nicotine being flushed out gives one the runs. Anyway thanks for listening and for all the positive input.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Still no dip! Feeling much better now. Have more energy and sleeping really well. I can't really remember the last good night sleep I've had. Always taking a pinch before bed and then realizing it was 10:30, 11:00 pm. before laying down. Then having to get up at 6am for work. Sucked. Now I'm doing my workouts 3x a week and trying to eat a bit healthier. Best part is how I feel. Much more alert being off the worm dirt. I've not had many cravings. I changed my routine to be doing something else during my old dip times. Stomach been acting up. Guess all the nicotine being flushed out gives one the runs. Anyway thanks for listening and for all the positive input.

Great news!

Just never look back no matter how convincing the devil on your shoulder is.

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
You'll notice a few changes. Glad you are feeling better but for much of that, your changes are probably the biggest part.
Sleep usually is compromised when getting off an addictive substance, and nicotine is one of the worst, so you are doing well there. I was wired for sound for the first few months. My Dr said to make 3 weeks and all would be fine. I told him that he had never given up the addiction, and he needs to stop telling people things he read in a book. :fred:
Hang in there. It sounds like you are doing well with all of this. Count it as a blessing and don't go back.

Reactions: w30olds

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,449 Posts
Don’t relax your guard cravings come at the strangest times. 22 years later I still get the odd occasional wish to dip but now it’s easy to blow off. It’s almost like drinking for alcoholics, one drink and you’re back to square one.
One day at a time, Always happy to lend moral support, if you feel you’re Slipping, just shout

·
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Another day dip free. Last night didn't sleep all that well. So today I've been dragging ass. We did eat sorta late, so that maybe the reason. Have been having some wild dreams also. Guess the brain is being rewired. Read a lot on the road to recovery. Very interesting stuff on Kill the Cans website. Very helpful and the symptoms time line is great.

So far not really craving dip. I see it all day at work and I'm thankful I put it down. Seeing these young guys walking around with big lip turds and Mtn. Dew spit bottles tucked in their back pockets makes me wanna tell them about the bad addiction.

Thankfully I really never dipped much during the day. Usually at night, or when I played online Call of Duty. Still taking it one day at a time. Feeling better each day. Will be a tough war, but I'll continue the fight.

·
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Guys I’m still dip free! So nice and I feel like a normal fella now. Sleeping great and well the manly part works so much better now. Having the nic running through me really messed up my chemicals and blood flow. Now stuff works so much better down below and overall I feel so much better. Gosh going on a month now cope free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
:devildance::devildance::devildance:

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
Guys I’m still dip free! So nice and I feel like a normal fella now. Sleeping great and well the manly part works so much better now. Having the nic running through me really messed up my chemicals and blood flow. Now stuff works so much better down below and overall I feel so much better. Gosh going on a month now cope free.
Congrats! Keep it up, brother! :cheers:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Congratulations. Sincerely and honestly.

I can say with all confidence, since I've quit 3 times now, that if you don't have quick and easy access to it you'll be less likely to do it again.

Also, sleep and my general mood throughout the day improved greatly.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Congratulations! It's gonna be a long year but you'll get it done. That's quite a feat to do it cold turkey, I had to use nicotine gum myself. I'm twenty years tobacco free, and was a long time Copenhagon user.

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
8,670 Posts
Yuck. I never dipped in my car for said reasons. Usually I clean up, or throw away the spit bottles. Now when I see them makes me gag

When I was a kid my grandfather chewed Beechnut. He had a white Ford Fairlane, not sure what year but it was in the 60's. The tobacco juice he spit out the window peeled the paint off the car in spots.

61 - 80 of 170 Posts