GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to quit dipping finally. Decided after 20 or so years I wanted to stop. So day 3 now and feeling ok. Really tired and sorta irritable from the nicotine withdrawal. I'm gonna try really hard to stay quit. I really loved dipping Copenhagen long cut and it's gonna be a ***** to stay clean. However I'm gonna give it a try. Please send some prayers up for me to stay quit and clean. Peace!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Mentally Frozen
25,897 Posts
That's tough and good for you. I once dipped and smoked at the same time, but haven't had either in 25 years.

Praying for ya.

·
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's tough and good for you. I once dipped and smoked at the same time, but haven't had either in 25 years.

Praying for ya.
Thanks man. Believe my wife's ready to strangle me.....lol

·
Mentally Frozen
25,897 Posts
I got sick of smoking and hid it awhile from my wife, but decided I was tired of being a slave to it so I got the patch and weaned myself off nicotine. Don't miss it at all.
I also had a friend die from cancer from dipping.

·
Registered
20,358 Posts
I decided to quit dipping finally. Decided after 20 or so years I wanted to stop. So day 3 now and feeling ok. Really tired and sorta irritable from the nicotine withdrawal. I'm gonna try really hard to stay quit. I really loved dipping Copenhagen long cut and it's gonna be a ***** to stay clean. However I'm gonna give it a try. Please send some prayers up for me to stay quit and clean. Peace!

I quit 5 years ago. First 3 days are the toughest, but remember you just went 72 hours without a chew and cheating would mean you would have to start all over. Keep going and you'll make it.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

Hang tough you can do it! 4 months and counting no smoking for me.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Best of luck man, hang in there, I've known that vice. Then one day I noticed a lump in my mouth. Scared the hell out of me. Turned out to be a plugged salivary duct, but I kept thinking, what if it wasn't. Quit and never looked back.

·
Registered
42,624 Posts
Gave it up on Jan. 21 and still miss it most days. I've gained some weight due to the munchies and metabolism change.

Gum, sunflower seeds, Grinds and Teaza pouches helped. Good luck.

·
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gave it up on Jan. 21 and still miss it most days. I've gained some weight due to the munchies and metabolism change.

Gum, sunflower seeds, Grinds and Teaza pouches helped. Good luck.
Yeah I'm craving food more these days. Chewing a lot of 5 gum, mints and sunflower seeds. Will say I'm starting to sleep better now. Those late night dips use to keep me wired and I never really slept that well. Always tired the next morning going to work. Would put a pinch in to stay awake at work. Vicious cycle. I also am using the herbal Jakes Mint chew to help out. So far so good.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Yeah I'm craving food more these days. Chewing a lot of 5 gum, mints and sunflower seeds. Will say I'm starting to sleep better now. Those late night dips use to keep me wired and I never really slept that well. Always tired the next morning going to work. Would put a pinch in to stay awake at work. Vicious cycle. I also am using the herbal Jakes Mint chew to help out. So far so good.

Jake's Mint helped me.

Reactions: w30olds

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
15 years of smoking, 15 years of dipping afterwards. Quit last October. Don’t even think about it now, kind of even grosses me out to think about it. Yes, put on some weight, about 20 pounds, but I am saving a ton of money and I’m not embarrassed about my spit bottles all over the place or people seeing me do it. It is really nice to have that monkey off my back. And yes, I just simply quit. I may have drank more liquor during the transition period, but I don’t even desire it anymore. Stick with your resolve.. Your mind is much stronger and your health is much more important and that shredded, syrupy chemical induced crap we stuffed in our mouths..

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
In 06' I finished cutting the grass, walked inside the house... and went to my knees with a heart attack. I was only 48 years old, but had been smoking 33 years. 3 days and 2 stints later the wife is driving me home from the hospital when I tell her to stop at the store for cigarettes. That's when it hit me. How freak'n stupid is that! Haven't touched them since.
Don't let this revelation come to you when some doctor is wondering about that dark spot on your tongue. Sorry to be so course, but nicotine is a very addictive drug.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,116 Posts

Ahhh, everything's rotten in Denmark! JK. Good Luck, stay the course and for heaven's sake buy a lot of gum(Or something equivalent like lemon drops). Sayonara.

Reactions: w30olds

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I quit 18 years ago, I used the fake stuff for a few months. It really!!! helped me get past the craving. Tastes like crap though.
KIKIT.jpg

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
Best wishes. If you get it, the headache will go away in a week or so. You are probably a few days away from the onset.
Every day you make is a day closer. It sucks, but in the end is the best thing for you.
I replaced snuff with cigarettes and really enjoyed smoking. I didn't want to stop but knew i needed to. It was more failure than success for the first while, but in the end, very worth it. If/when you fall off the wagon, get up, dust off, take a bow to your adoring public and climb back on the wagon. Beating yourself up isn't productive.
Good Luck to you.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts