Snowflake comments I have heard tending bar.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by clancy, Jun 12, 2020.

1. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

A lot of you guys know I have been tending bar for quite a few years. While I have decided to not go back to tending once the bar is allowed to open, I got to hear all sorts of absurd comments regarding racism from various customers. Here are a few of the more memorable ones.

A Negroni is a drink made with equal parts gin, sweet vermouth and Campari, garnished with an orange peel. One night the bartender I worked with, as woke a progressive snowflake as ever existed, was asked to make one. She exploded, called the customer a racist(she is white, by the way) and demanded I throw him out. The guy is a regular, a good tipper, a really good guy, and we never, ever had a problem with him. When I asked him for his side of the story he told me he didn't know what her problem was, all he did was ask for a Negroni. I pulled Little Miss Snowflake aside and tried to explain to her what a Negroni was. She wanted no part of it, and said she would never serve anyone who would order a drink that sounded like the "N" word. I sent her home and she was let go the next day.

Did you guys know that drinking bourbon is affirming racism? Neither did I, till one night when several "woke" customers demanded I remove all bourbon from the shelf or they would leave. It seems that because bourbon was first made when slavery was legal in the US, and comes from Kentucky, anyone who drinks it is supporting racism, and any bar that carries it is doing the same. For those who might wonder what happened, they left.

Rum, same as bourbon. Rum was distilled in the West Indies, and was first made with sugar cane cut by slaves. That moron left the bar, too.

Jameson Whiskey. Back when Henry Morton Stanley was running amok in Africa, one of the heirs to the Jameson Distillery joined him on an expedition. In about as insanely barbaric an act of cruelty as I ever heard of, James Jameson bought a young slave girl and gave her to a group of cannibals so he could watch how they would kill, cook and eat her. He sketched the whole, sickening process. I have had more than one customer over the years not only refuse to drink Jameson, but demand that the bar not carry it. It is, by the way, one of our biggest sellers.

Bulleit Bourbon. The daughter of the founder of the company was let go after 20 years. She claims she was let go because she was a lesbian. That really didn't seem to be a problem for 2 decades, but if she said it, it must be true and never, ever, questioned. I had a young woman I was training who, when she saw a bottle of Bulleit on the rack, say she would never work for a place that carried homophobic liquor and walked out. As one may guess the accusations have been denied by both the company and her father, but with an accusation like that, denials mean nothing, guilt is automatic.

There are more, which I may bore you all with in the near future.

TBO, Pn3455, DaveD and 34 others like this.
  2. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Named after Count Camillo Negroni.

My favorite bartender started in 1999 just when I moved just up the street from the bar. He has quit and won't be back. I am certain the bar is not the same without him, plus the fact that plexiglass hangs the length of the bar, about 12" over it.
    I got his phone number so I can call him and see what he is up to. Hopefully we can sit and talk and I'll hear some good stories.

3. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

That's a sad tale. I hope my favorite bar/restaurant goes back to normal if they re-open. Nothing like a great lunch after a morning at the gunshow.tom. :cheers:

glock1097 and JohnnyE like this.
  4. clancy

Here in NY bartenders have to wear a face mask, must change gloves and wash hands after each drink is made, and must sanitize the chair and area where the customer sits when they leave. Chairs at the bar must be 6 feet apart, tables (outside table service is all that is allowed for the time being) can seat only 4 and have to be 6 feet apart. Customers must wear a face mask, unless they are sitting at the table. If they get up, they must have a mask on. If they refuse, they must be told to leave. It will absolutely destroy the industry.

5. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Alexion's?

deputy tom likes this.
  6. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

Entertaining stories, Clancy. Thanks for posting. The behavior of the woke generation is unimaginable to a dinosaur like me.

G17Jake, RenoF250, Neldon and 5 others like this.
  7. oldmick

oldmick

Ha! Reminds me of a dust up several years ago when someone on the news used the word “niggardly”.

which, of course has nothing to do with the “N word”, but simply means cheap or stingy. It’s derived from an old Scandinavian word.

But facts don’t matter when you’re woke.

8. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Blinky's. tom. :eat::cheers:

pittpa likes this.
  9. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

My question is why they even went to a bar? They knew what was in there before they set foot inside.

10. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Will never forget the guy, on a town council or something, that freaked out when someone said something about a black hole, as in something in outer space

11. mc1911

mc1911

Whi
    White liberals?

clancy likes this.
  12. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

People like that should stop breathing air. Slave owners and traders breathed air.

wprebeck, Mtnfolk75, Lazy R and 6 others like this.
  13. diggy485

diggy485

What does Modelo Negra do to these snowflakes? Lmao!

1bigK, nursetim and Ramjet38 like this.
  14. Dave514

Dave514

If only I had known that two hours ago.
    Oh well....
    20200612_152230.jpg

fx77, spork, slym2none and 1 other person like this.
  15. Deltic

Deltic

You can get some real dirty looks if you use the word "rigger".

16. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

Cayman Islands Rum. Google has somewhat of a difficulty searching for the company for some reason.
    [​IMG]

RSCamaro, RovinOn, 1bigK and 14 others like this.
  17. clancy

Dude, you made me laugh!

RovinOn, 1bigK, DAKA and 5 others like this.
  18. clancy

Every single one.

19. B C

B C

Every one of these types of stories I hear has the same thing in common. It's a white female.

20. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

the masculine form for the color "black" in Spanish is...

negro

I suppose all Spanish speaking people are now somehow racist???

the "woke" are truly idiots. They never stop to think about the origins of some of the words that were used in the past.

oldmick, Quijibo, Bus007 and 3 others like this.