GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
On the road? Any ole AT does just fine, drive sensibly and defensively. Set my wife up with blizzaks due to her corolla not having ABS.

For any real off-roading or pulling my 5000 pound fish house across the ice I use the chains. On and off in less than 5 minutes. Self adjusting too. Have yet to be in a situation I had to shovel to get out with these on.

Attachments

·
Don't Jump!
4,251 Posts
Blizzaks on my 4WD Silverado. I laugh at snow and ice.

The Blizzaks are on a second set of wheels (and it's about time to put them on). They have TPMS sensors so I don't have to worry about the warning light. I actually like TPMS. On the Silverado, the display on the dash shows the pressure in each tire. That's pretty handy. I never have to check them by hand anymore. A TPMS system that is just an idiot light (like my Toyota has) is pretty much useless IMHO.

I wish more people would use snow tires. I don't worry about getting stuck, I worry about someone running (sliding) into me.

Blizzaks are interesting tires. When they first came out they were designed to be run as all season tires when the soft winter tread wore down and they were no longer good for snow. I don't know if that is still true.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts