Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Sneaky Pete is like the old Fanny pack holsters. People will make it out for a gun carrier if they are “ raised up”- looking out for such “ tells. Just as Fanny packs are coming back into style for gun carrying criminals

The main problem with Sneaky Pete is the old cell phone belt carriers/clips seem to be out of fashion. I did like the one that was labeled as a power pack . It might fool someone but I won’t want them to steal it thinking it was a power pack or a new fancy cell phone however.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have one for my SIG 365. Extra magazine goes into off-hand front pocket.

It is NOT a quick draw.

The belt loops on mine are holding up, but the corners of the case, especially those on the bottom, have been crushed and bent. Doesn't impact carry or draw (which is way slow) but gives it a "worn frequently" look.

Not as quick as front pocket carry, but lots more accessible when seated, especially with fastened seat belt.

It's not my only holster, but comforting to carry when that's the way I wish to. Texas, where I live, is turning into an open carry state. I don't ever plan to carry openly in public, but would carry in my Sneaky Pete.

Criminals who are also gun guys as well as some cops who are gun guys will notice. I always look about me for armed persons. I've spotted one Sneaky Pete carrier, and complemented him on his good taste in accessories.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I don’t know how they are but a friend of mine at a LGS wears one with a G-27 in it.
A big brown square on his side and I know what’s in there, so on the street who knows nowadays.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
There’s a reason holsters such as the vedder light tuck are as popular as they are. I’d recommend short-cutting the holster drawer/box and just buy a vedder.

·
G43 Fanboy
2,191 Posts
Sneaky Pete Holster may work for a G42, but for a G26 w/ light? Nah… The thickness and the weight of the gun will make it too obvious and awkward… Probably still better than “open carry,” though.

·
Photojournalist
543 Posts
Something else to think about...there are many places that are marked "gun free" but the signs, in and of themselves, have no force of law unless you are noticed at which time you can be told to leave, etc. Wearing the SP makes you more readily noticed to those in the know and might limit you ability to carry in one of the restrictive environments that are not technically off-limits..(example, in Kentucky the signs have no force of law (think mall) and thus one can walk by them all day long. If noticed you simply have to leave.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The answers so far are like those if the OP asked Chev or Ford? I have one for my P365 (no lights) and one old lady asked what it was and I told her it was my "Two A support kit" -- she nodded and walked off wondering what the #$%^ was a Two A.

No, there are no quick draws, but I like mine and I guess thats all that matters.

OP -- get-cha one and if you don't like it, sell it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Facebook marketplace is full of people asking twenty bucks for their Sneaky Pete. At least don't buy new. They will probably be happy with fifteen bucks. That way it's a under twenty dollar mistake instead of a seventy dollar mistake. :ROFLMAO:

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,569 Posts
I've had one for years for my Sig P238, and it has never been noticed or remarked about.
Then I got one for my J frame revolver, and it was just enough bigger to make me feel a bit conspicuous. I can't even imagine how large one would be for a G26/27/33.
Then, again, if you're not a gun person, you might not even notice the bigger ones. I have to try my J frame again, just to see.

·
Enigma
2,713 Posts
Not quick to draw = not good.

This is obviously made for tucked shirt folks, which I am not.

With a tucked shirt (thank God I do not have to) it seems pocket carry would be preferred given that one could put hand on gun without revealing they are carrying and quicker draw.

I've never used a tuckable holster, but it seems that could? be quicker on the draw.

Posted contently wearing a continuously untucked shirt.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I have used a Sneaky Pete for a few years with my Glock 27 and no one has said anything to me about having a firearm. My experience is that most folks don't have a clue what it is. I have several friends that carry and they were surprised when I showed them what it was.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts