Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. Looking for an easy way to carry my Glock 26 with a Crimpson Trace LTG-777 Lightguard tactical lite that
mounts unto the triggerguard. It is a light, not a laser, and is similar to a Streamlight TLR -6. The Sneaky Pete holster
that mounts on belt seems like a possible non-discreet way.
Here is a link:
Glock 26 Concealed Carry Holster (sneakypeteholsters.com)
Does anybody have any experience with this set-up, and if so, pros and cons???
Thanks!

·
Enigma
2,713 Posts
"Sneaky" :LOL:

Sneaky like open carry.

• Haha
Reactions: Three blackbelts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have several and I like them. I have actually worn one out. As mentioned above, gun folks know them when they see them, others won't. At work, I have transported many drug and especially heroin users. I asked how they know who to buy it from and such. They said it can be a look, a wave, and in my response area, the phrase "lookin"? It's a different culture and language that people outside of the "community" don't understand. I think it is a non-issue. I am going to church in a few minutes, and I will be wearing one of my Sneaky Petes.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,708 Posts
Looks like it would make for a very slow draw compared to a regular iwb holster, or even a SmartCarry.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Reactions: fflincher

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
It's definitely not sneaky to other gun guys, but in my experience the general public doesn't have a clue. I use it occasionally. People think it's a phone. I call it my high-speed wireless communications device if asked. So far no one has.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would pay for a coustom holster first.
Or take the stuff off and carry a light.
I have a stealth gear amd nsr tactical for my 26 and they are both great

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
From Sam Spade's sticky at the top of carry issues, which you should have all read:

The fact is that most people's version of "concealed means concealed" relies heavily on others' lack of perception and on people generally being lost in their own little bubble. It relies far too heavily on that, IMO. Once you get into a world where someone's actually looking for concealed weapons, the average guy's odds of being "made" go up. And once you get into a situation where the attention is actually on you specifically, the odds skyrocket. Yeah, yeah, that doesn't happen much. I'm writing about when it does.

Attracting the eye invites being remembered, being scrutinized, and having your CCW noticed.

Belt pouches mean electronics mean stuff to steal to the crook. Seeing one piece of temptation, he's ready to look for others.

·
rip "Bud"
10,907 Posts
I don’t own one. But I hear this complaint about them all the time. IMO it’s a non issue. Other “gun guys” will recognize it. Criminals won’t.
Wanna BET on that?

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Wanna BET on that?
Sure, it can be just one more thing that will “get you killed on the street” from carrying the wrong caliber, to wearing 5.11 clothing.

It’s a “gun forum problem.”

Please go ahead and cite a specific example and link to the news story where somebody was shot for wearing a sneaky Pete.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
I don’t own one. But I hear this complaint about them all the time. IMO it’s a non issue. Other “gun guys” will recognize it. Criminals won’t.
I used to think that way but isn’t true. Many are quite savvy and use holsters, belly bands themselves. YouTube and the internet works for them too.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Sure, it can be just one more thing that will “get you killed on the street” from carrying the wrong caliber, to wearing 5.11 clothing.

It’s a “gun forum problem.”

Please go ahead and cite a specific example and link to the news story where somebody was shot for wearing a sneaky Pete.
They would just say he was made as an undercover cop ( like 511 gear). It won’t say how he was “ made”

1 - 20 of 39 Posts