close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snapshots of my GSSF 10th Anniversary Commemorative Glock 17

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by lunde, Jan 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. lunde

lunde

I bought my GSSF 10th Anniversary Commemorative Glock 17 way back in 2001, and managed to get #20 of the 1,000 made (or is it #21 if the first one was GSSF000?). Anyway, I finally took some snapshots of it, to include the engraving on the right-front of the slide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took the photos because the person who manages the Wikipedia page for the Glock requested a "Plain Jane" Glock 17 photo, and from the left, this one fits the bill.

2. lunde

lunde

Four more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lunde

lunde

I am now starting to wonder how the GSSF will commemorate their 20th anniversary, which is next year (2011)...

4. James5m

James5m

Congrats on your acquisition
    Great photo's Ken,
    Same quality as on your website:thumbsup:

5. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Ken,
    Nice photos.

I had GSSF2, passed on GSSF1 as it was the demo gun and showed signs of being handled etc.
    "Ole #2 is gone now but not forgotten. :supergrin:

6. lunde

lunde

Tom, you wrote:
    If memory serves, the GSSF 10th Anniversary Commemorative Glock 17 was your idea.

A co-worker and I ordered ours at the same time. He got GSSF019.

These were subject to the frame recall, and if you look closely at the serial number on the frame in the third photo, you'll see that it is 1GSSF020.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Tom and I ordered ours the same day, same time, while at Conyers. I was slated to get #3, but had to cancel my order due to lack of funds. Hopefully, I'll get a 20th Anniversary GSSF Glock.

8. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I guess I am guilty as charged on that one. The idea was presented to 2 members of the Glock Staff at the Statesville, NC match over dinner. They obviously liked it and got it approved.

As well as I had a part in presenting the idea for the Master Stock Division. It was thought up on a road trip to Fulton, NY match by about 5 of us Masters in the same veh. Upon arrival it was presented to a member of the GSSF Staff and talked over. After a "few" phone calls, emails etc it appeared in the matches. :supergrin:

That's back when I shot Win Q loads in 9MM. :wow: A lifetime ago.

9. X-Spec

X-Spec

I never shot my GSSF G17:crying: SAFE QUEEN

10. 21 shooter

21 shooter

I still use mine at the GSSF matches, IDPA, and everything else. I remember the frame recall, and I decided to shoot mine until it broke. I found out later on that mine was not on the recall list. Still shoots just fine. And I am interested to see what they do for the 20th.

11. njl

njl Crusty Member

I got GSSF058 back in Oct 2001. I still have it. I hadn't planned on buying a 17, but it quickly became my favorite Glock. I've shot the heck out of it...well, not like those torture tests you read about, but probably somewhere between several k and 10k rounds...maybe more. At times, it's gone close to a year between cleanings.

A little more trivia on the GSSF special edition...the first 500 were 2-pin frames. The second 500 were 3-pin frames. AFAIK, the second batch were not part of the frame rail "recall". I did go ahead and get my frame replaced.

I'd try getting some pictures of mine...but at the moment, it's dirty enough that the powder residue on the dust cover would be obvious in the photos.

12. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I had two second batch 3 pins and they were both recalled and had frame replacements.