Glock Talk banner

Snappy G27

576 Views 11 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  illrooster132
I love my Gen 2 G27 for concealed carry. It’s snappy for sure but plan to get it handled with lots of practice.. I’ve seen add on compensators but am not interested in the additional length. What about having the gun barrel and slide ported? Anyone have any experience with this?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Patrol Corporal
1,855 Posts
I used a G23C for a bit and I owned a 19C. I really couldn’t tell the difference other than they were ungodly loud. You could feel the concussion in your sinuses, especially when hip shooting.

The comp doesn’t really attenuate recoil, it just keeps the muzzle from flipping up as much. It kicks more straight back into your wrist.
Even with the lessoned muzzle flip I wasn’t any faster with the C models.

Contrary to popular belief they were not blinding at night. If the powder makes a flash out the comp it will make a flash at the muzzle about 3/4” away. But I qualified at night with the 19C and it didn’t bother me.

They look cool but in my opinion it’s not worth the trouble and expense.

Reactions: Rock_Crawler_Jeep

· finishes it...
4,785 Posts
add some talon grips and get in consistent practice like you mentioned. there's a lot of good info regarding recoil management on youtube. transitioning to a thumbs forward grip has helped me quite a bit.

· Mr. Awesome
12,685 Posts
Put the money you have for porting/comps/etc into a competent trainer’s hands and learn as much as you can.

· NRA Life Member
5,780 Posts
What bullets are you running? 155 / 165 / 180???

The lighter the bullet, the more pronounced the >snap<

If you haven't tried 180's ... might as well try!

So often shooters pick the lighter bullet rounds - It's Less Expensive!!!

This trend is consistent across all firearms and bullet weights. Just physics... and that's why it makes sense!

If you have a low tolerance for 'snappy', try shooting the heavier bullets and see what happens!

Hope that helps someone out!

· Premium Member
15,136 Posts
Carried a gen3 g27 with Pearse pg2733 mag extensions since 07. Use 165gr hst or Sig165gr for SD and 165 or 180 Georgia arms canned heat . I've gotten use to it through practice. I don't even notice it.

· Premium Member
299 Posts
When you practice have several magazines loaded with several dummy rounds interspersed with regular rounds. You will find out quickly if you are developing flinch, the biggest problem with shooting heavier calibers. I carried a gen 2 Glock 23 for the last years of my career and had no problems. When I started getting into shooting again I got a Gen. 5 model 27. It has no more felt recoil than a Glock 26. If you decide the early generation 27 isn't for you consider a gen 5. The biggest downside is many holsters don't interchange.

· Registered
5,438 Posts
.40 is too much power ... I only shoot .22lr for that reason... all joking aside... it ain't bad on the G23 or G27... but I don't want to reload for yet another caliber.... 5 is enough....I think...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts