SNAP CAPS FOR G43 ONLY!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by teeceetx, Jun 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. teeceetx

teeceetx

I've read volumes on snap caps, but it's all over the place. I read so many say this brand and that brand won't work in the G43.

Does anyone have any real world experience with a particular brand they KNOW works in the G43?

2. LMFAO

LMFAO

I own some that have worked fine on my G43. Never had any problems with them. Sorry, but I don't recall the brand, and my daughter currently has them, so I can't look at them to get any more specifics. For reference, they are all metal (looks like brass), and I think they have a silicone "primer".

3. ADP3

ADP3

A Zoom makes a good product. It’s turned aluminum with a silicone primer insert. I’ve used mine for years. The rims are a little chewed up, but they still extract fine. Tipton makes a plastic version with a spring loaded primer. I’ve had them break after extended use.

Best Regards,
    ADP3

-JCN-, GlockyQ, Macc283 and 1 other person like this.
  4. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

If they are 9mm Luger dummy rounds, why wouldn't they work in a G43?

Any 9mm snap cap should work fine.

It isn't like you have to buy special 9mm ammo for the gun.

SCC, JLB19, Macc283 and 6 others like this.
  5. 19crew

19crew

Nope, have some of the ST ones in nickel cases from Amazon, they lock my 43 up tight.

Cycle fine in 19 and 34 - not sure what the difference is but it's well known and documented on most sites that have reviews for snap caps.

-JCN- likes this.
  6. kme

kme

I have 9mm A Zoom and Tipton snaps caps. They work fine in my 43.

Never tried S.T. Action Pro snap caps.

7. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

My el cheapo no name all plastic snap caps work fine in all my 9mm Glocks.

8. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I love the NOPE stuff.

If they don't work in your any of your 9mm Glocks, then they don't conform to 9mm round specs, because your G43 does.

Just call and ask for your money back for your defective snap caps, your G43 isn't special in the 9mm Luger way.

slamdunc, VoodooMountain and Mike-M like this.
  9. Mike-M

Mike-M

Only snap caps with spring-loaded primer pockets actually serve to dampen the impact of the firing pin. So-called but entirely bogus "snap caps" with silicone-filled primer pockets do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING EFFECTIVE to reduce firing pin impact force behind the breech. But for many, ignorance is bliss, especially when they have paid high dollar for worthless junk! :)

gjarcher and slamdunc like this.
  10. ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

I have two sets of dummy rounds. One set will lock up the 43, but work in the 17/17L/19/26/34. The other set works in all of them.

11. wruess

wruess

Also have Tipton snap caps w/springs. Work fine in G43.

12. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

These threads always make me think there's still more than few people around that don't know the difference between dummy rounds and snap caps.

Yes, there is a difference, and there are some snap caps that serve both purposes ok, but all will wear if they are cycled through a gun a lot.

Dummy rounds tend to wear slower from cycling, but do not (as Mike said) pad the firing pin impact. The best I've found are made with a real cartridge case and are 'loaded' with orange plastic 'bullets'.

The best snap caps are the plastic one's with a brass rim and a spring loaded brass 'primer' to pad the firing pin impact, but they don't tend to take the abuse of being cycled through the gun's action very well. Fortunately, ya only need one, put it in the chamber and leave it there while you dry fire (just cycle the action just enough to reset the trigger).

If your snap caps or dummy rounds lock up your gun, that probably means they're 'out of spec' (most likely worn out) and should be replaced.

ExecutiveWill, gjarcher and hogarth like this.
  13. DaverZ

DaverZ

I was thinking the same exact thing

WeeWilly likes this.
  14. RustyRyan

RustyRyan

I use the Glock OEM ones and they cycle great in my 19X. A pack of 50 is 20$ from:

https://store.teamglock.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Dummy.

Maybe a tad higher than I wanted to spend, but I get 50 and it's not a big deal if I lose a few. I use them for training drills at my local range. Well worth the investment!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  15. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Tipton version works in my 43. Can be a little "sticky". Suspect the "case rim" is wearing down. However, don't stick at all in my Gen4 17. Did not know about the Glock OEM. Thanks, I'll try them.

16. arndog123

arndog123

What are those dummy rounds made of? Those are cheaper than the A-Zooms I've been using.

17. 19crew

19crew

Believe what you want to believe, truth is they lock up my slide and a couple other posters have had similar issues.

They aren't out of spec, they fit my case gauge perfectly, they use star line brass, and under mic they're well within specification. There's just something different about the 43 chamber or thereabouts.

18. 19crew

19crew

Plastic

19. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Case gauges don't have a throat and bore w/rifling. If you have an OAL/profile incompatibility, a case gauge won't show it.

20. 19crew

19crew

The 43 has feed every bullet profile I've thrown at it and cycled hundreds of my reloads with a COAL of 1.075" - 1.160".

I'm done beating a dead horse.