close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smyrna visit

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Socks tear, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Socks tear

Socks tear

Went to Glock HQ today. Have not been there since 1990, so they have moved down the road. They are in the middle of a huge expansion, building 3 new buildings. Took 5 Glocks for GNS (15 year warranty). 4 were new. The fifth, a G30 OD of indeterminate age, they did all new springs, new RSA and 2 new magazines. Could not have been nicer, took only 40 minutes from checkin to checkout. Talked to 2 armorers there, they said the "issues" on Gen 4 are way overblown, they have seen not that many pistols come in for work. There were 5 other customers there, 4 with Gen4's no one having any issues. Two with Gen4 G21's which are awesome!

2. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

An occasional BTF keeps me awake with my Gen 4 19. I love the way it shoots and could not be happier. I have just over 1500 rounds through it and maybe get hit by 1 out of 100.

3. wrecks24

wrecks24

most people only post when they have an issue, very seldom do people post telling how awesome there gun is. I dont doubt that there are bad apples out there, I have seen them, But I think there are more good glocks than bad.

4. Wawrz

Wawrz

I agree however I think the ratio is something like 95% good glocks and 5% bad(that 5% on the internet discussing their problematic glocks). I don't think someone buying a nib gen 4 has a 50/50 chance of getting a problematic glock.

5. wrecks24

wrecks24

I agree with you. If 50% of all Glocks sold were jacked up, You can guarantee there would be a recall

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

I am uncdertain I would even consider 1 in 100 an issue. But if it were one or three per magazine then I may be less than thrilled.

I would bet it isn't even close to 5%. But I would bet it is higher than it was a few years back

OP, Sounds like you had a productive and enjoyable day there at Glock. LOL at "fifteen year warranty"

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. SARDG

SARDG

Glock doesn't do recalls - they do product improvement bulletins and it's up to the owner to respond to those.

8. Cool Hand Hodge

Cool Hand Hodge Senior Member

The last two that i purchased have the issue...A 26 and a 36 both gen 3. They are 100% reliable though so i cant complain. Glad to hear they are doing well.

9. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

I agree. I do get hit every once in awhile but still performs to my satisfaction.

10. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

You got good service? Lucky you. I had brought them a brand NIB G32 with a flaking finish on the frame, jerks told me it was spraypaint and they didnt condone doing that. I had bought it 20 minutes before it started coming off..... brandy new haha

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  11. SARDG

SARDG

What "finish" is that???

12. MikeG36

MikeG36

You have any picture's of that "flaking finish on the frame"? Glock doen't apply any finish to their polymer frame. I'm thinking spray paint and why should Glock be held responsible for some idiot applying spray paint to a pistol - then selling it to you?