Glock 17 Smooth triggers G17/G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JBA111, Sep 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. JBA111

JBA111

There have been some selling of some G17 smooth triggers on these boards lately and it has been said they will work in the G19s....
    But the striker block raised ridge on the metal bar is different on the G17 than it is on the G19!!!
    I have tried this and on my G19 it works for a few shots, but after 4 shots or so it fails to operate and blocks the striker therefore causeing the striker not to strike the primer and results in a failure to fire!!!
    If you have installed the G17 triggers in the G19 you better check them out with alot of rnds test fired guys!!!

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I've been using G17 trigger bars in G19'a and G26's for 8 years without problem.

3. JBA111

JBA111

My 2nd gen G19s are serial # FBxxx and KKxxx. And the ridge I mentioned is quite different.
    I have been told that the smooth triggers will work in later G19s, so if you have fired enough rnds to satisify yourself I am tickled pink for you, but for those not knowing this, CHECK YOUR TRIGGER SETUP!!! And test fire with enou8gh fireings to satisfy yourself before you depend on this pistol for protection!!
    Mine will fire arround 4 rnd and then fail. I was told they would work. I wasn't told they would work in most G19s but not in some G19s and that IS the SITUATION!!!

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Mine is a 1996 G19. My G25 is a 1997 model. The G17 trigger bars work just fine. 52,000 founds through the G19 with it and about 10,000 rounds through the G26.

5. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Any chance you put in a large frame 10/45 smooth triggerbar? I have noticed some of the new guns have a slightly different triggerbar but its only a minor change.

6. JBA111

JBA111

The prt # on the package was 357, so that should be for the G17/G19 isn't it?
    I seem to have fixed the problem. It isn't just clicking it is strikeing now. But I havn't got to put any rnds down the pipe yet. But it is strikeing everytime now.
    I stripped the pistol and found the trigger bar was about to move outside the connector when the trigger was pulled. So the striker never was cocked and therefor never released. The connector bar was bent too much.
    So it seems to have been the pistol and not the smooth trigger asslemby. I'll put a couple hundre3d rnd down the pipe in a day or two and see.
    Thanks guys..

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Sounds like somebody "adjusted" the connector, when the connector didn't need any adjusting. :)