Glock Talk banner

Smooth trigger?

20137 Views 66 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  3 Cubed - 1
I have my Glock 43 that I like. However I hate it's serrated trigger. On all my other Glocks, like my 26, I'll trade it out for a G17 smooth trigger. The 43 being what it is makes this not possible. I did try an aftermarket trigger but I didn't like it. It didn't feel quite right and it wasn't OEM. I like to keep my Glocks stock. Is there a way to get a Glock OEM smooth trigger on a 43?
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Are we sure the 42 and 43 trigger bars are interchangeable? V Ghets, yours is working fine?
Edited 4-10-22
Bars “are not interchangeable”. Only the shoe.
42 is a “titch” shorter in length than a 43 trigger bar.
Manufacturer sez “labeling” of box was wrong by the retailer.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I’ve read the OEM trigger bar for the 42 does not fit in the 43. 4mm of difference.
Well if thats the case why do the aftermarket trigger kits say fits"42-43".
Tomorrow I will get a "Positive" answer...
But for now I see kits listed for installation on either or...42-43.

Edited....4-10-22
This is wrong
Retailer mislabeled the box as use for either 42 or 43.
Confirmed by manufacturer*
My particular purchase was for the “43 model” not 42.

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dammit, I should have looked in the documentation first - definitely not the same part. Hopefully I can cancel the order.

View attachment 384371
Sorry, man. If you can’t cancel, you will have a donor trigger to do the conversion at least. That’s what it’s looking like to me of what I’ll have to do.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I don’t know, but everything I’m reading says some parts on the 42 and 43 are interchangeable, but the trigger bar is not one of them.
Here’s one account: http://looserounds.com/2015/06/27/glock-g43-stripped-vs-g42-internals/
Edited (finally...Doh!) 4-10-22

Some parts are interchangeable....the trigger bar is Not one of these interchangeable parts.

Yes the "trigger shoe" is smooth on the 42 and serrated on the 43.
Izzat possible because different "trigger shoes" different? Most likely YES.
I've found it TRUE with all kinds of parts in everything from washers to motorcycles that interchangeable parts will have different part numbers......that of which corresponds to a certain model.

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Yep read it but No Photos appeared......only way I'll be convinced is to match 'em myself.
Yes the "trigger shoe" is smooth on the 42 and serrated on the 43.
Izzat possible because different "trigger shoes" different? Most likely YES.
I've found it TRUE with all kinds of parts in everything from washers to motorcycles that interchangeable parts will have different part numbers......that of which corresponds to a certain model.
Look at the snip from the Glock armorers manual I posted above - the difference in length is obvious.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.