Glock Talk banner

Smooth trigger?

20137 Views 66 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  3 Cubed - 1
I have my Glock 43 that I like. However I hate it's serrated trigger. On all my other Glocks, like my 26, I'll trade it out for a G17 smooth trigger. The 43 being what it is makes this not possible. I did try an aftermarket trigger but I didn't like it. It didn't feel quite right and it wasn't OEM. I like to keep my Glocks stock. Is there a way to get a Glock OEM smooth trigger on a 43?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Well I lost all my stuff but as you can see in the photo,a flat trigger shoe will help immensely.
Google trigger shoe for G43.
But like I said before I lost everything,try a heavier grain bullet,like 147g.
Try before you do any mechanical changes.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Air gun

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I hacked a smooth trigger onto my G36 years ago, so doing it to my 43 was no big deal.

Buy a spare 17 trigger bar. Using a small punch, tap on the pin holding the trigger shoe enough that it leaves a pimple on the blind side of the trigger. Then, using a straight pin chucked into a pin vise push through the pimple to drive the pin out enough to grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers. Do the same to the other trigger bar, swap the shoes and reinsert the pin. Done.

Takes ten minutes.
Yeah some dude on the internet posted a video on how to do it.
I thought about it but decided to just do a drop in.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Are we sure the 42 and 43 trigger bars are interchangeable? V Ghets, yours is working fine?
Edited 4-10-22
Bars “are not interchangeable”. Only the shoe.
42 is a “titch” shorter in length than a 43 trigger bar.
Manufacturer sez “labeling” of box was wrong by the retailer.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I’ve read the OEM trigger bar for the 42 does not fit in the 43. 4mm of difference.
Well if thats the case why do the aftermarket trigger kits say fits"42-43".
Tomorrow I will get a "Positive" answer...
But for now I see kits listed for installation on either or...42-43.

Edited....4-10-22
This is wrong
Retailer mislabeled the box as use for either 42 or 43.
Confirmed by manufacturer*
My particular purchase was for the “43 model” not 42.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I don’t know, but everything I’m reading says some parts on the 42 and 43 are interchangeable, but the trigger bar is not one of them.
Here’s one account: http://looserounds.com/2015/06/27/glock-g43-stripped-vs-g42-internals/
Edited (finally...Doh!) 4-10-22

Some parts are interchangeable....the trigger bar is Not one of these interchangeable parts.

Yes the "trigger shoe" is smooth on the 42 and serrated on the 43.
Izzat possible because different "trigger shoes" different? Most likely YES.
I've found it TRUE with all kinds of parts in everything from washers to motorcycles that interchangeable parts will have different part numbers......that of which corresponds to a certain model.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Interesting. Is it just a shoe, or the whole trigger bar? Could there possibly be two bars in the box and you mount the shoe to the right one?

The following is edited 4-10-22 and is correct.
No big deal, even if I can’t cancel the order.
One bar with the "Shoe" already connected.....would damage shoe if removal was necessary.
And......extra springs for firing pin,and connector. Lighter......to lessen the pull.
Quoted from the GS store description....

• Titanium Coated Trigger Bar
  • Aluminum Shoe and Trigger Safety - choose your colors
  • Trigger housing with Extra Power Trigger Spring installed
  • Double Diamond connector installed
  • Reduced power Safety Plunger Spring - requires installation
  • Reduced power Firing Pin Spring - requires installation

· Registered
1,073 Posts
So your basing that your aftermarket trigger and trigger bar work just by what the box said, not by any actual fit or use? Am I getting that right?
Correct...edited 4-10-22
I did post a photo of the kit installed.
And yes it has worked flawlessly for 2 months.
Post #13

· Registered
1,073 Posts
No offense taken....but if the Brownells and Midway 42 smooth trigger shoe assembly they sell/offer for $15.00 will also fit,I spent more $ than I should....

· Registered
1,073 Posts
Edit 4-10-22

This is correct.....
After actual removal of a G42 trigger assembly and "physically" matching up against a G43 assembly,their is a definite "size difference" and a different part.
The G42 is just a titch shorter in length than the G43.
I didn't actually try an fit either or into one another gun frame,because of the actual "physical and visual" difference of the two,so I decided not to even try.

Now to find out why my "trigger kit" is marked 42/43.
Edited 4-10-22 after confirmation from manufacturer and retailer that retailer was wrong with mislabel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.