Glock Talk banner

Smooth trigger?

20156 Views 66 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  3 Cubed - 1
I have my Glock 43 that I like. However I hate it's serrated trigger. On all my other Glocks, like my 26, I'll trade it out for a G17 smooth trigger. The 43 being what it is makes this not possible. I did try an aftermarket trigger but I didn't like it. It didn't feel quite right and it wasn't OEM. I like to keep my Glocks stock. Is there a way to get a Glock OEM smooth trigger on a 43?
I have my Glock 43 that I like. However I hate it's serrated trigger. On all my other Glocks, like my 26, I'll trade it out for a G17 smooth trigger. The 43 being what it is makes this not possible. I did try an aftermarket trigger but I didn't like it. It didn't feel quite right and it wasn't OEM. I like to keep my Glocks stock. Is there a way to get a Glock OEM smooth trigger on a 43?
See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,044 Posts
Glock can't make a smooth trigger for the G43. The grooved trigger is required to qualify as a "target trigger" for import (https://www.atf.gov/file/61591/download). If they offered a smooth trigger for the pistol there would be potential legal issues related to the import. To the best of my knowledge, it'll take an aftermarket trigger for the foreseeable future.

A double stack trigger like the G17 won't work in the G43 - the width of the frame that the trigger bar curves along is significantly different. Maybe they are just taking the trigger shoe? Not something I would be excited about on a personal defense gun

Personally, my opinion is if you are noticing the difference you're probably thinking too much and need to shoot more, especially under pressure (if that comment comes across as critical or negative to anyone, I don't mean it to be, it's merely an observation/thought).

Reactions: ShootingRooster

· Registered
3,044 Posts
Ordered a spare "Trigger with Trigger Bar" from Midway USA, Pic shows a groved one but the one I received is smooth. I'll try to check tomorrow and be sure its the right part for the 43.
  • Product #: 369427
  • Glock #: 33362
Interesting, that's the right part number - should be marked 33363 on the bar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.