Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Glock 43 that I like. However I hate it's serrated trigger. On all my other Glocks, like my 26, I'll trade it out for a G17 smooth trigger. The 43 being what it is makes this not possible. I did try an aftermarket trigger but I didn't like it. It didn't feel quite right and it wasn't OEM. I like to keep my Glocks stock. Is there a way to get a Glock OEM smooth trigger on a 43?

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
I have my Glock 43 that I like. However I hate it's serrated trigger. On all my other Glocks, like my 26, I'll trade it out for a G17 smooth trigger. The 43 being what it is makes this not possible. I did try an aftermarket trigger but I didn't like it. It didn't feel quite right and it wasn't OEM. I like to keep my Glocks stock. Is there a way to get a Glock OEM smooth trigger on a 43?
Not that I'm aware of. You could recontour the trigger by carefully shaving the serrations by dragging an exacto across to remove material then finish it up with fine grades of emery cloth. After your finished it might be a good idea to slightly shave the blade safety to better match the trigger. Just be careful not to take off too much material or it may not function correctly.

ETA: I really don't mind the 43 trigger as it is. I don't even notice the serrations at all and if anything, they probably help. That said, on my 19s I always put a 17 trigger in as I much prefer the smooth trigger face on that platform.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't have an option for the OP, I'm not aware of a smooth OEM trigger for the 43. I did want to add something though...

I like smooth triggers at the range as they are easier to shoot for longer periods of time.

That said, my primary reason for owning a 43 is to use as a carry/defense weapon. My opinion is that serrated/grooved triggers are a better fit for that scenario as they provide a more tactile surface; I know my finger is on a grooved trigger and it feels like a solid, non-slip interface.

If you want a smooth trigger and it works better for you, by all means, get one. Just wanted to share that opinion - please regard it as such.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I respect that opinion. It has merit. My take is that all my Glocks use a smooth trigger, including my EDC 26. A familiar feel that I have come to know. From my 34 that I shot IDPA with to my EDC 26, all my Glocks get set up with the same trigger and connectors so that trigger pull is consistent and familiar. I know the 43 is its own animal, but I'd like it to be as close to the others as possible.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My g43 is a bit painful to shoot, the trigger safety blade protrudes too much IMO. I don’t want to mess with the factory trigger so I am considering and aftermarket one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
These are Great Times for Gun Owners!
707 Posts
I’ve been thinking about this for my 43. I read somewhere that people have replaced the 43s wth a smooth one for the 17s but I have no idea if that is legit or just some internet nonsense. I’d love to know, hopefully one of the Glock gurus can chime in and let us know.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Glock can't make a smooth trigger for the G43. The grooved trigger is required to qualify as a "target trigger" for import (https://www.atf.gov/file/61591/download). If they offered a smooth trigger for the pistol there would be potential legal issues related to the import. To the best of my knowledge, it'll take an aftermarket trigger for the foreseeable future.

A double stack trigger like the G17 won't work in the G43 - the width of the frame that the trigger bar curves along is significantly different. Maybe they are just taking the trigger shoe? Not something I would be excited about on a personal defense gun

Personally, my opinion is if you are noticing the difference you're probably thinking too much and need to shoot more, especially under pressure (if that comment comes across as critical or negative to anyone, I don't mean it to be, it's merely an observation/thought).

Reactions: ShootingRooster

·
I'm not retired
7,892 Posts
My g43 is a bit painful to shoot, the trigger safety blade protrudes too much IMO. I don’t want to mess with the factory trigger so I am considering and aftermarket one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't do the aftermarket, just yet. You can file the safety down so it doesn't put an imprint in your finger when you pull the trigger. Not saying for you, specifically, to do it, if you're not comfortable, but it's clear the little 'blade' sticks out too much at the break, on some Glocks. These are micro adjustments only needing to be done by a genuine Glocktard (or a professional).

·
G43 Fanboy
2,337 Posts
Glock can't make a smooth trigger for the G43. The grooved trigger is required to qualify as a "target trigger" for import (https://www.atf.gov/file/61591/download). If they offered a smooth trigger for the pistol there would be potential legal issues related to the import. ...
Glock should be able to put a smooth trigger in their USA made G43, though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered a spare "Trigger with Trigger Bar" from Midway USA, Pic shows a groved one but the one I received is smooth. I'll try to check tomorrow and be sure its the right part for the 43.
  • Product #: 369427
  • Glock #: 33362

·
Registered
989 Posts
Well I lost all my stuff but as you can see in the photo,a flat trigger shoe will help immensely.
Google trigger shoe for G43.
But like I said before I lost everything,try a heavier grain bullet,like 147g.
Try before you do any mechanical changes.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Air gun

·
Registered
989 Posts
Folks,ya gotta remember.....these little guns were designed for defense purposes not long range shooting. You want accuracy at distance,buy the tool designed for it.
Remember,if the threat is 10 yards away....is it really a threat at that distance?
Good Luck in court trying to defend that. Good accuracy in the "kill zone" at 5-7 yards is realistic,that's it. Anything beyond is pure luck.
All these little mouse,bug,pocket guns "snap/jump".
....even those little NAA pocket .22's. And .22 cal is very mild by shooting standards.
And yes,all still sting your trigger finger.
Heavier grain bullets that shoot slower help reduce recoil,along with trigger shoe modifications/changes.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I hacked a smooth trigger onto my G36 years ago, so doing it to my 43 was no big deal.

Buy a spare 17 trigger bar. Using a small punch, tap on the pin holding the trigger shoe enough that it leaves a pimple on the blind side of the trigger. Then, using a straight pin chucked into a pin vise push through the pimple to drive the pin out enough to grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers. Do the same to the other trigger bar, swap the shoes and reinsert the pin. Done.

Takes ten minutes.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Ordered a spare "Trigger with Trigger Bar" from Midway USA, Pic shows a groved one but the one I received is smooth. I'll try to check tomorrow and be sure its the right part for the 43.
  • Product #: 369427
  • Glock #: 33362
Interesting, that's the right part number - should be marked 33363 on the bar

·
Registered
989 Posts
I hacked a smooth trigger onto my G36 years ago, so doing it to my 43 was no big deal.

Buy a spare 17 trigger bar. Using a small punch, tap on the pin holding the trigger shoe enough that it leaves a pimple on the blind side of the trigger. Then, using a straight pin chucked into a pin vise push through the pimple to drive the pin out enough to grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers. Do the same to the other trigger bar, swap the shoes and reinsert the pin. Done.

Takes ten minutes.
Yeah some dude on the internet posted a video on how to do it.
I thought about it but decided to just do a drop in.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts