Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month or so ago I was in the local gun store lusting after the guns there and I had been wanting a bed side gun that I could keep loaded with a round chambered and it had to have some type of safety on it. (Now I have a g-17 and it is a fantastic gun, But I dont like leaving a round chambered in it for days or weeks on end) So after picking up and fondling just about everything the gun store had, I saw this 9 shot 9mm. I asked to see it and it felt fantastic in my hand, it has the safety i was looking for, Has new 3 dot sights on it and it comes with 4 mags. So i couldnt pass it up, Guns here are crazy expensive, so I probably paid to much for it, But I really like it. Now I only have to wait four more weeks for the paper work to come back. What do you guys think of this gun! Hvent really been able to find any good reviews on it!

·
Banned
17,065 Posts
They are a simply great gun.

here is mine and the 3913LS

I got a real good deal on the LS at our local shop and then stumbled into the 908 at Gunbroker totally overlooked at a great price. I carry it regularly. I could be a salesman for them. an overlooked gem for sure.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
The 908 was the value version of the 3913, single stack magazine with a 3.5 inch barrel. Great pistol. The 910 and 915 were based on the 5900 or 6900 series and were a value line of them.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
many years ago, my wife and I went to 'six flags over texas'. while in the area, I took her into a very large gun store in fort worth, cannot remember it's name. I told her to pick out a gun for her. one that she likes the best. after a long time and after looking at loads of guns, she chose the s&w 908.

she only shoots maybe, on average, once a year, but she can shoot tennis ball sized groups with her 908. it is a good gun, accurate, reliable [as long as you keep it well lubed], and easy to conceal. personally I don't like the egros on it, but it is a good little gun.

btw, she also has a 6" s&w 586 which is a tackdriver.

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Where do you live that it takes over a month to process your gun purchase? Here in Indiana, you simply shop, select gun, pay for it, do paperwork, get checked, go home. about 30 mins tops.

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
One of the guns I wish I had bought when they were available new, and I am no fan of DA/SA autos.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I also have the 908 and think it an extremely good option for a carry gun. Mine is dead-nuts reliable and has not failed me. The action on this thing is butter smooth too. I highly recommend them as a no-frills carry or shooter.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
My only gripe with the 3rd generation SW autos is the grip held to the frame by the crosspin instead of panels and screws like the older ones. Makes it a bit more pain in the ass to disassemble the grip for cleaning the frame and innards.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I'm a big S&W 3rd Gen fan. Carry a 3913 most days.

If any of you are interested, a member over at the S&W Forum has posted some of the best dis-assembly/assembly videos I've seen.
http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-...7-s-w-3rd-gen-complete-disassembly-video.html

I've taken quite a few of these apart and I think if you want to start doing some maintenance, these will work for you.

He's also going to do some trigger job video in the future.

Dave

·
Decap Pin Killa
18,083 Posts
many years ago, my wife and I went to 'six flags over texas'. while in the area, I took her into a very large gun store in fort worth, cannot remember it's name. I told her to pick out a gun for her. one that she likes the best. after a long time and after looking at loads of guns, she chose the s&w 908.

she only shoots maybe, on average, once a year, but she can shoot tennis ball sized groups with her 908. it is a good gun, accurate, reliable [as long as you keep it well lubed], and easy to conceal. personally I don't like the egros on it, but it is a good little gun.

btw, she also has a 6" s&w 586 which is a tackdriver.
Sounds really familiar. My wife shot and picked up a lot of guns. I wound up buying her a 910. She's pretty damn good with it. :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I live in southern maryland and it is taking on the average of 45 to 60 days now for paper work to come back! The gun stores say its because of the rush on gun sales and approvals being backed up! Me im not so sure! Either way the 7th will be the 30 day mark and no paperwork has come back yet!:wow:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I also have the 908 and think it an extremely good option for a carry gun. Mine is dead-nuts reliable and has not failed me. The action on this thing is butter smooth too. I highly recommend them as a no-frills carry or shooter.

Very nice. I like the bac style pic. A bet a set of wood grips would make that gun pop. Really like it though.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
16,715 Posts
The third gen Smiths are way underrated guns. They were heavy, but shoot good are very reliable.

Congrats on a good find. If you find a deal on mags dont pass it up, they are not as available as they used to be.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.