Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired this rifle,does anyone have any experience with them? seems like a good solid rifle but I've haven't seen and threads on them.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
it's an excellent rifle. Top quality, great shooter, priced right. Ever know of S&W making junk...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's an excellent rifle. Top quality, great shooter, priced right. Ever know of S&W making junk...
I've only owned 1 Smith I considered junk ,that was a Sigma in 40,no one who shot it could hit anything with it,I should have sent it back for repair but I was so disgusted with it I just sold it.

·
Who?
7,957 Posts
The 2012 models were great starter guns. The 13 model has a lower quality barrel, however.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

·
OIF 04-05
4,300 Posts
I recently acquired this rifle,does anyone have any experience with them? seems like a good solid rifle but I've haven't seen and threads on them.
Bought mine in 2011 for $625. Since then I've done enough upgrades to make it one solid battle rifle. Everything that matters is first rate ...forget all the AR snob BS...and check the facts.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Bought mine in 2011 for $625. Since then I've done enough upgrades to make it one solid battle rifle. Everything that matters is first rate ...forget all the AR snob BS...and check the facts.

I picked mine up in '11 also. I've run it box stock without any problems..... IIRC I paid $675 for mine.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
it's the best AR buy, bar none!! I'd like to find one locally, to complement my Colt M4...

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts
First off, it's no top tier AR. However, it's not junk by any means. Is as good if not a bit better than other guns in it's price range.

For the money, you could do a lot worse. It's a bare bones carbine that works pretty darn well for what it is. All in all, it's not a bad gun and I wouldn't have a problem with owning one.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I generally ignore the snobs for the simple reason is that if you don't have what they have yours isn't worth a crap.I don't play that my dog can beat your dog kinda horse crap.I know Smith puts out a good product and I trust them.

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts
I generally ignore the snobs for the simple reason is that if you don't have what they have yours isn't worth a crap.I don't play that my dog can beat your dog kinda horse crap.I know Smith puts out a good product and I trust them.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well!

+1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,452 Posts
Bought one for my sister when she wanted an AR. Its been a solid little gun, reliable and accurate. For the $699 she paid for it, its pretty hard to beat. They make great little range guns.

Hers had the 1:8 heavy profile barrel, non chrome lined with no notch cut. I have heard they use a different barrel now. They make great little range guns, I would want something different for a rifle intended to serious use.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
whatever happened with that heavy use test someone was conducting around here? I think they were comparing the Sport to the Colt, using both in carbine courses.

My 12 model is nice and the FNF is top notch. If you head over to m4carbine forums, you will quickly understand that anything other than KAC, DD, Colt or BCM will get you killed in a hurry.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Which model 15-22? I noticed several on S&W site.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
The M&P Sport is a great economy rifle. By "economy", I mean affordable, priced right and equipped for the average hobby shooter. Smith & Wesson puts out quality products, don't let anyone tell you they don't. Most people bad mouthing the brand have never owned one themselves or fired one, keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bought a couple more mags for mine today,ordered a Brownells aluminum body 20 rounder and a Pmag 30 rounder from Brownells and they only set me back twenty eight dollars and change.One thing for sure,it's cheaper buying mags for this than it is for any of my pistols..lol

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Bought a couple more mags for mine today,ordered a Brownells aluminum body 20 rounder and a Pmag 30 rounder from Brownells and they only set me back twenty eight dollars and change.One thing for sure,it's cheaper buying mags for this than it is for any of my pistols..lol
I wish some quality 3rd party mags were available for glocks. Magpul are you out there??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts