Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a 5” FDE M and P 2.0 and I love it. It’s been perfect at the range and is a joy to shoot. Question is when I reassemble the slide on the frame and then function check as usual, I noticed today for the first time when I put my thumb on the back of the plate I noticed it had a little spring to it which I gather is normal as it has the striker and extractor behind it under spring tension. The thing that is puzzling though is that after I dry fired I could press on the back slide plate and there is a little “click” that I hear once and then it will not happen again unless I cycled the slide and dry fired again.

The slide plate cover will not click if the gun is ready to fire and “precharged” if you will, only when it is at rest after dry fire. My question is what is it that could be clicking because it sounds like it is the same click as when the slide is off and the striker is manually pulled to the rear some then the firing pin safety plunger pops up a bit with a little “click”. Is this what’s happeninng? It makes sense to a degree as the plate is putting tension on the striker assembly right? So pushing the plate in may be resetting the plunger?

·
MacGyver
7,609 Posts
If you tap the front of your knee at a certain point just right, it wil jerk.

Stop doing that, try to break it by shooting it instead.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you tap the front of your knee at a certain point just right, it wil jerk.

Stop doing that, try to break it by shooting it instead.
Yeah I get it, just shoot and enjoy it. I’m trying to learn why things occur though. The more that’s understood about the mechanics of the weapon system the better we can diagnose problems that may occur now or later, if ever.

And as a side note, I’ve tested many patellar reflexes that are absent so not all knees will jerk ;)

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
We have 3 earlier models and nothing seem like yours . Sorry ! .

Maybe contact S&W CS about sending yours home for some TLC with a detailed note covering your issues . Ask about turn around time .

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they said they didn’t think it sounded like an issue though offered to look at the gun. They didn’t sound like they really understood what I was trying to say. At this point I suppose I don’t really care as the gun runs 100% and is very accurate so I’m gonna just keep shooting it and if there is ever a reason ya send it in I will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts