Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mas,
I am in the market for a pocket revolver, and weight is a primary factor. I came across a new S&W 342 Airweight in the silver color for $629. It felt noticeably lighter than a 442. This gun has the internal lock. I read that this model was discontinued. Could you please comment on this particular model as a pocket gun with the lock? Any known issues? I will use the Speer 135+p round in it. Many thanks.

·
KoolAidAntidote
6,080 Posts
Easy to carry, but nasty to shoot. I've run across one documented case of the lock spontaneously locking during fire, with +P+ .38 Special ammunition. A good friend who shoots a lot of 135 grain +P from his 342 has never had a problem with it, but YMMV.

best,
Mas

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mas,
Don't all of the Ruger LCR models also have an internal lock? If so, have there been any issues with the Ruger locks or does the problem seem unique to S&W? I ask this because the LCR is another gun I am considering, as I have had a few in the past and foolishly traded them away. Have the LCR's been reliable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.