Smart carry—-who loves it?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Bobcatbaseball35, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Bobcatbaseball35

Bobcatbaseball35

glock 42 and smart carry=any clothes, every day, every where. Anybody else love this carry method?

rock_castle and Pierre! like this.
  2. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Yes, the Smartcarry (also Thunderwear of years back) is an excellent way to carry a decent size handgun in a very discrete manner.

Pierre! likes this.

3. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Still have what's left of my Thunderwear. The elastic is completely worn out, need to get a SmartCarry, or pursuade my sewing daughter to fix it for me.

Carried mostly Glocks - G19, G26, occasional Kimber Pro CDP or Ultra carry, but the 1911's sure are heavy. Pistol in the right hand compartment, magazine in the left pocket.

Used that holster a LOT! Then I started working from home, and boss (Me) says I can wear any pistol, rifle, or tshirt with crazy conservative stuff on it that I want to.
    :waving:

And, I no longer work in a bank building, so no more need for the Thunderwear...

Super comfortable, wear it all day with a spare mag handy too! Used on vacation too, you can hide Cc's, money, valuables and no one knows it is there!

Recommend it highly, and if you do it right your dating life will improve TOO!!!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  4. PatinAz

PatinAz

I've used one for fancy dress up occasions.

LApm9 likes this.
  5. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I don't like it because it's appendix carry and I've never been comfortable with carrying guns in that position.

BengalBacker and Badazuwanme2b like this.
  6. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

[​IMG]

not preferred method by any means, but more so than any other simply out of necessity. they redesigned belt closure awhile back and they're considerably more tolerable than they used to be.

LApm9 likes this.
  7. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

It's not for me. IWB or pocket. If it works for you, I'm for it, but I'm not in the market for one.

8. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

From the comments:
    If you sense danger, slowly, stealthily, undo your belt. As the danger level increases, undo your pants. When the shtf, sling your pants to the floor to the level of your ankles and draw your weapon. Then, as you're falling backwards (on purpose or by accident--doesn't matter which), begin squeezing off rounds until your mag is empty. Then, log roll as fast as you can to cover, where you can put in a fresh mag, pull up your pants, and assess the situation.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34j2DOu5R4E

THE_PUNISHER, robhic, jhon and 3 others like this.
  9. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I wouldn't say "love" but I'd agree that the SmartCarry has its place and works very well when used properly. I carry a .357 revolver so no worry about light trigger and/or placement of gun when wearing.

happyguy likes this.
  10. Taz

Taz

I’ve used one with a g42 for times when I can’t use a regular holster. Went around the country, hiked Yellowstone, Bryce, took the narrow gauge out of Silverton without anyone knowing. I also use it when I go for a walk or when I just want to go around in my gym shorts. However I can’t make anything bigger work. Even a 43 which is only mm larger pokes and prints.

11. powernoodle

powernoodle

Looks terrible to me - but I am shaped like an upside down Christmas tree.

12. Bobcatbaseball35

Bobcatbaseball35

It’s a two handed draw for sure. Support hand pulls the waist of your pants away, firing hand draws. Slower than moving a cover garment away from an IWB holster, but much faster than running to your vehicle because you decided to be unarmed to make the powers that be feel safe. Do I think it’s perfect? No. The smart carry can be worn in addition to an IWB or AIWB. You can transition back and forth in your vehicle depending on the circumstances. Don’t dismiss it out of hand.

13. flyover

flyover

I tried one for a while, Glock 30 and a 36. I found it to be comfortable when upright and walking around. I never found a position for it while in a seated position.
    I now use it as a belly band holster for the Ruger GP 100 in 44 Special.

Caver 60 likes this.
  14. michpatriot

michpatriot

Works good with a j- frame...not so good with a bigger auto. Deep, not fast, umm..it has its place.

Caver 60 likes this.
  15. FAS1

FAS1

Makes a good "Bump In The Night Rig."

[​IMG]

16. weblance

weblance

I have one... I never could get comfortable with it. I now use a Kangaroo Carry, and I have enjoyed using that method for about 5 years now.

17. Bobcatbaseball35

Bobcatbaseball35

Just looked up the kangaroo carry. Looks interesting. How big of a pistol do you carry that way?

18. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

I will NEVER purposely point my gun in that direction, even for a second, much less carry it that way.

19. Bobcatbaseball35

Bobcatbaseball35

I understand the sentiment, I’m rather fond of my reproductive organs also. However if you are stranded up when you holster, you can do it without sweeping yourself. And when you are wearing the gun and I fairy got into your holster and pulled the trigger, your junk would probably get powder burned, but my stuff is underneath the pistol and out of harms way.

20. Bobcatbaseball35

Bobcatbaseball35

^^^sorry for the typos. I’m still getting used to my new beloved IPhone SE. I just had to go back to a 4” phone before they quit making them a this fall. I don’t want need a big phone with my EDC load out. I didn’t know the 6S was bigger than my 5S until it came in. I probably would have went and bought a blackberry torch if I had realized beforehand.