close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Small snapper & wildflowers

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by sopdan, May 23, 2007.

1. sopdan

sopdan

I just recently started taking photos of stuff, I have no idea what I'm doing, and all I have is a crappy little PowerShot A410 3.2 megapixel camera (it'll be a year or so before I can afford a decent setup)... that being said, I've been trying to experiment with the camera, and these are some shots I took a few hours ago.

Came across this small snapping turtle while driving down a nearby dirt road. He was a great model, he was very still and gave me his full attention. :) I got as close as I could without losing a finger.

Comments/critiques welcomed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 - looking at this one, it would be much better if it was focused more on the snout, and less on the top of the head
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

I love #2. Great shot!

3. jm_usmc

jm_usmc Two eagles

I agree. He looks like he's thinking about biting you.:shocked:

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Anybody know what that pink spikey-flower thingee is? I like that shot!

The turtle you say would be better if focused more on his nose instead of his head...actually, you want the eyes to be in focus, more than the snout if you have to pick between features.

All in all, not bad at all. :supergrin:

5. sopdan

sopdan

Yeah, I know what you mean... I guess I really meant more forward in general. To be honest, I set the camera on the ground to take the photo(s), not even looking at the LCD while shooting the photos (that's the great thing about digital cameras, take a butt load of pics and you might keep a couple), and just used the auto-focus.

And I guess to be PC, I have no idea whether it was a he or she, but I call it a 'he' because to call it a 'she' seems insulting to women. ;) Not exactly a looker.

As far as the 'pink spikey-flower thingee,' I'd like to know as well, I don't think I've seen that before. The last photo is a dandelion, I can tell you that much. :) I'm much better with animate organisms.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!