Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,260 Posts
I suspect there is no difference from the CCI 500's for the two up top. And not enough to matter for the brass cup spp on the bottom.

· Registered
649 Posts
Curious, can you share what they cost? Saw Ginex spp at gunshow this weekend for $40/500. They were 100 primer packs pulled from larger lots. Still a bit high so I passed, saw plenty of vendors still pricing $150/1000 for CCI and Federal.

· Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Curious, can you share what they cost? Saw Ginex spp at gunshow this weekend for $40/500. They were 100 primer packs pulled from larger lots. Still a bit high so I passed, saw plenty of vendors still pricing $150/1000 for CCI and Federal.
i paid $70 per 1000. best price i have seen in a while. also, i have never run across CCI brass primers. unplated.

· Registered
8,599 Posts
$70 per 1k in recent times seems like a good deal. There seems to be more availability & better prices recently with ammo & reloading supplies.

I was a a store the other day, a fair amount of reloading powder in the $30 a lb range.

· Registered
649 Posts
I would have bought a few thousand at that price, hope the downward trend makes it to my area soon. Plated or not has never been an issue for me, but I also haven't seen unplated CCI before.

· Premium Member
Glocks: I have two G34.3’s, a G45, a G44, a G48 MOS
324 Posts
I am pretty sure those are the primers sold to ammo manufacturers and those that remanufacture ammo.
I wouldn’t hesitate to use them and in today’s prices you got a deal.
CCI makes good primers. They’re my favorites.

· Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am pretty sure those are the primers sold to ammo manufacturers and those that remanufacture ammo.
I wouldn’t hesitate to use them and in today’s prices you got a deal.
CCI makes good primers. They’re my favorites.
the place i got them from, does not manufacture ammo. but he does manufacture lead bullets. i have miked them. brass .1750, nickel .1756. so there's .0003 nickel plating on them.

· Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
8,144 Posts
Those commercial primers are identical to retail ones, but the difference is only in the way they are packaged. The trays and sleeves aren't individually taped so manufacturers can load them faster and more easily. I used to buy those all the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts