Home > The Great Outdoors > Hunting, Fishing & Camping > Slug accuracy w/ Rifled Choke?

Slug accuracy w/ Rifled Choke?

1. I've recently acquired an 11-87 with a 21" barrel and intend to use it as my do-all gun this year. What kind of accuracy can I reasonably expect from this gun shooting sabot slugs thru a rifled rem-choke? How much tighter might a fully rifled barel shoot the same projectile? 125 yards is probably my longest shot. Thanks for any input.

2. Accuracy's been the same in rifled CT's and barrels for me. No difference whatsoever.

3. I've been using an 11-87 for a number of years here in NJ for deer as we can't use rifles. I tried the rifled choke tube with fair success, but the rifled barrel is great. I can shoot 3-4" groups at a 100 yards all day long with Rem. sabot slugs.
    I also use a 2-7 Leupold on this gun.

4. TJC, what kind of groups did you get witht he rifled choke? Is it worth the $30 that it costs? Thanks guys.

5. It has been a while since I shot that tube. In fact I still have it somewhere downstairs. I think the groups were more up around the 6" mark with the tube and Rem sabot rounds (the old style).

If you are interested in a choke tube (remington), email me and I'll work something out with you to save you money. I have been using the rifled barrel with the cantilever for about 6 years.

Come to think about it, I think I also have a standard rifled barrel somewhere downstairs too. HMMMM, gotta check that out tonight.