close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sling suggestions

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by JGguns, Mar 24, 2010.

1. JGguns

JGguns

Any suggestions for a good sling for my sgl21? I would like to do a single point but being the mount is near the rear of the stock I am thinking it wont work to great. So I am guessing I need to go with a 2 point, unless there is a way to mount a single pint near the rear of the receiver? Thanks for any help fellas

2. javelinadave

javelinadave Hebrew Hammer

You don't want a single point, trust me. They look tacti"cool" but they are basically a leash for your rifle. You will wack yourself in the man grapes if you try to run and you wind up wacking your rifle on everything you walk past. Take a look at www.zahal.org. Israeli slings are in my opinion the best value out there.

3. Glocker08

Glocker08

You said man grapes. :supergrin: I like to refer to them as plums or figs. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. rem2429

rem2429

If its cold, prunes.

5. Glocker08

Glocker08

Yeah, I'd definitely go with a 2 point sling over a single. Personally,I like the old military surplus slings, maybe canvas,or even better yet tight weave cotton. I don't really care for the tacticool ones.

You have a Russian AK,so why not get a Russian surplus sling ? Just my .02

6. JGguns

JGguns

Yeah I would prefer just a standard milsurp 2 point myself, but I thought perhaps there is a better more functional option out there nowadays. As far as hitting my self and other stuff it wouldnt be a issue. The only reason i want one is for some stuff me and my buddys set up that involves transitions from rifle to sidearm. Besides moving around some barricades, the rifle will be in my hands. I dont think any sling is gonna be stable enough to run around without having hands on your rifle. The appeal on a single point to me is the ease of clearing myself to transition without runing into any straps.

Thanks for the link Dave

7. Mofeen

Mofeen

I got the surplus Russian sling from KVAR. Its 20 bucks but is unused and looks cool and functions well.

8. Navitimer

Navitimer

I actually like single-point slings for ARs because they're a little lighter. But with a slightly heavier AK, I strongly favor a good two point sling.

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm from the old schoolo of shooting where a sling is used to sling a weapon and leaves my hands free for a bit. When it comes to shooting, that sling comes off the body and stops being a hindrance or some sort of entanglement hazard.

10. JGguns

JGguns

This is why I like a single pint sling. If I had a receiver mount I would try one. I ran one on my ar and liked it more. I am gonna try to make something to attach a single point sling and I am gonna get a milsurp 2 point. Try both and see wich works best...

11. xICEMANx

xICEMANx

Tapco makes a sling that can be a one point or two point. Something to look at.