Slim picking right now...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mcclain210, Jun 28, 2020.

1. mcclain210

mcclain210

Was finally able to order a gun ive been wanting for awhile. Ordered my 43x ameriglo today. Still cant get my 19 gen 5 fs ameriglo ive been wanting. Going to have to wait a bit longer. People are paying STUPID prices for ammo right now. Cant believe it. Glad i stocked up when times were good and dont really NEED anything.

quantico and tallTexasdude like this.
  2. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

All true. I’m not going to the range near as much as I want because of ammunition shortages and high cost.

L-2 likes this.

3. 1canvas

1canvas

I seen that when my son tried to find a 26, dried up. I’m good on guns but I got nervous and checked my safe for ammo, I’m good there also.
    People that never had a gun has been asking me about guns to buy. People just don’t feel safe or trust the government / police to protect them anymore.

4. flyover

flyover

I does not help that some of the manufactures were deemed nonessential and forced to close down. I know a guy looking for a Charter Arms 22 Mag for his granddaughter. Charter Arms is shuttered until some time in July.

5. Biggy1

Biggy1

Ammo will go nowhere but up between now and the election. *If* Trump were to lose, and I do not think he will, a 1000rd case of Wolf Gold or PMC plinking ball ammo will probably be going for $700.- $800. or more. All the other popular self defense calibers including .22 rimfire will do likewise.

6. Bradley T

Bradley T

Ammo is priced about the same as pre-COVID, but only about three days a month is it available here. Small primers and bullets are long gone. I can get primers for my .30-06, and was able to get a box of cowboy bullets for .38 Special- that's it. Yes very slim pickens!

7. Shel

Shel

Damn! People are actually trading their grandkids for firearms???

Guess it's even more serious then I thought!

8. flyover

flyover

OK, I will rephrase that. He is looking to buy a Charter Arms 22 Mag for his granddaughter.

Joshhtn, Intolerant, SARDG and 2 others like this.
  9. 1canvas

1canvas

The premium ammo I buy is up about 10.00 a box of 50.

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

That might be their choice. Others are up and running.

11. flyover

flyover

May have been, they did not specify just that they were shut down. They are in Connecticut.

12. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

A quick look at ammoseek last night showed 9mm was running about 30 cents per round and in January I was paying 17 cents per round.
    5.56 I bought was about 30 cents per round last year and it's about 45 cents per round if I recall the price right from my search last night.
    Finding any at my local store is about impossible. I haven't been at store opening, but I'm betting there are lines on the days they normally get ammo.
    And finding sinkers for fishing is near impossible too!

-JCN- and pjanthony like this.
  13. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

The G44 has been a life saver for weekly outdoor range visits for me.

I’ll shoot 100+ rounds of .22 and a mag in whatever my center fire Glock of the day is. Makes it worth the drive and not too expensive.

14. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

Heck, there's no way to win! I stocked up on ammunition and I'm sitting on a nice pile of it. Been fighting cataracts for several years and eyesight has been declining steadily. The insurance plan wouldn't OK corrective surgery, but I changed plans and the surgery is just fine with the new plan.

The cataracts got real bad, real fast and now, I can't drive to or to shoot once I get to the range! This month, both eyes should get an oil change. Meanwhile, the TV is getting a workout and friends are helping get groceries and to make Doctor appts.

Flash

15. yep380

yep380

22 is still reasonably priced and fun to shoot. Pick up a Glock 44 or a Ruger Mark.whatever and have a blast without breaking the bank.

Glad I took up reloading and casting when I did though.

JDubbs316 likes this.
  16. 1canvas

1canvas

One thing I like about my carry guns being Glock is it’s like is if you shoot one your shooting the same trigger, sights, and feel.

seang23or32 and snowbird.40 like this.
  17. dre23

dre23

Best of luck/Positive thoughts on getting your cataracts taken care of. I couldn't imagine not having the use of eyes.

ROGER4314 likes this.
  18. Lawdog3

Lawdog3 " Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"

I'm so glad I listened to my Dad years ago. He told me to always keep a large supply of guns and ammo he said some day you won't be able to find it. Glad I listened. Guns are hard to find and their going for stupid prices here as well. Hopefully things will calm down in November.

19. dre23

dre23

I hope Trump wins in November, but I don't see things calming down that much if Covid is still hanging around, the run on things started with that. I have plenty of most calibers, but I did make the move into .45 for the first time today. Gonna be fun getting stocked for it. I wonder how much if at all manufacturers have increased production? They did in the lead up in 16 when everyone knew Hillary was going to win, some expanded facilities and when Trump won, the market dropped big time.

RockingtheGlock likes this.
  20. 1canvas

1canvas

My dad was a LEO and alway told us kids to always be prepared to defend yourself because there can be a time (before 911) when you call the police for help and no one comes, that was over 50 years ago. Right now I’m sure glad I took his advice.