close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sliderlock/trigger safety gizzmo

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by sjstill, Apr 29, 2007.

1. sjstill

sjstill Guest

OK, so this local Glock armorer is selling these gee-whizz triggers that have a built-in safety switch. He claims that Glock has purchased the company that makes them, so they are in fact a Glock OEM part.

I'm kinda thinking BS.

Anyone??

2. sjstill

sjstill Guest

Oh, yeah, he also sells this set-up which he also claims is made by a Glock-owned company, again making it sound like Glock OEM parts.

3. RandySmith

RandySmith

Me too.

Randy

4. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

First of all on the trigger, I don't see how that is an "additional safety" It looks just like a glock trigger, but aftermarket.

It says LWD right on it..
    Secondly, that other thing is the most rediculious thing I've seen lately.

I think he is full of ****.

I, however, am no expert.

5. D4RWlN

D4RWlN

That stock is made by FOBUS

The safety thing was designed by lonewolf?(I think. I know they at least sell them. Give them a call. I'm sure they can answer your question.)

Pretty sure niether of the 2 companies above were brought by Glock

6. Packing19

Packing19

I kinda like the look of the safety. It looks like is is well made, i'll give it that!

7. drummer12345

drummer12345

Stay away from Siderlock! They do not stand by their product. My trigger broke and they refuse to replace it despite it being "Guaranteed for Life".

Kyle

8. lionslayer

lionslayer

I bought one from Lone Wolf, which is a distributor/retailer, not the manufacturer, as I understand.

I printed the on-line installation instructions from the Siderlock website, which are extremely lame and poorly illustrated, and the instructions included with the product packaging are pathetically inadequate --- I immediately realized that this was not to be a DIY install with someone of my familiarity and skill level with Glocks, so sought help from a nearby certified Glock armorer, who, after an hour's monkeying around, still had not completed the installation and reassembly of the pistol. The very poorly presented and illustrated installation instructions will doom this product, if not immediately corrected, by my prediction. It is not user-friendly, and will require even an experienced Glock-smith inordinate labor to install this product. It's already pricey, and if in addition to its cost, it requires significant labor costs (including a long learning curve) for installation, it won't be widely successful. The product package installation instructions are apparently poorly translated from Spanish or perhaps Portuguese, and are almost useless.

This is a pity, as the concept and execution appear to both be well done.

9. fmiq

fmiq

I have installed two on my personal guns and a third on a friends. No issues as of yet other than I can put either pistol in my wasteband without hesitation:cool: I did them myself and I haven't been through the armorers course.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  10. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

If he really is a certified armorer, tell him to look in the latest armorer's manual on the subject of armorers recommending/installing non-OEM parts.

11. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Do you mean waistband ?

I'm not getting a good mental picture of a WASTEband....