Slide Stuck on G19 Please Help

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bgingery, Feb 7, 2010.

1. bgingery

bgingery Guest

I just got a Glock 19, but to cut to the chase I put the slide back on the gun frame without the barrel or guide rod assembled and now the slide will not come off. I have no clue what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

I did this yesterday with my 23. What you need to do is pull off the backplate and disassemble the slide. It will come right off when you take out the striker and plunger.

Edit: If you don't know how to do this, check out this video. This is where I learned how. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VTIqAMPOco

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

NO!

Just push the slide forward to it's normally closed position and pull the trigger.....don't let the slide fall on the floor!

4. bgingery

bgingery Guest

OMG!! Littlescroll you are awesome. lol I was freaking out thinking I just broke my gun. Thank You So Much!

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

You don't need to strip the slide to get it off, the only thing holding it on when the barrel isn't in it is the firing pin/trigger bar interface.

Just push the slide forward till it's lined up with the frame and pull the trigger.....the slide will fall off if it's pointed down.

6. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

Hey you learn something new every day! Thanks Butch!:rofl:

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper New job, same me.

Knowing how the gun works should allow you to understand what was keeping the slide on.
    Butch is familiar with the gun......
    and he has read about a jillion of the barrelless assembly threads.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. Samtu_Ray

Samtu_Ray

A jillion and 1 now.

BTW...I'm not a noob here, just couldn't remember my logon info from so many years ago (out of country due to military duties). Lol...can't even remember my user ID in fact...it was either Samtu or Catm.

Anyway...nice to be back.

9. bgingery

bgingery Guest

Sorry about that Butch I meant to be thanking you. I never did disassemble my gun, last night I just started putting pressure on the slide and while I was doing that I pulled the trigger and sure enough the slide came right off. Thank All You Guys So Much. I love this Glock Talk website just because of helpful people like yourselves. Thanks Again.