Glock 17 Slide stop G17 2nd gen question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BillK@tcmhmrs.o, Sep 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. BillK@tcmhmrs.o

BillK@tcmhmrs.o

I swapped for a 2nd generation G17 with a 19 round mag. Shot it last weekend and it shoots great. The slide stop will not actuate on the last round fired from the nagazine I have. I only have one mag, and assume that the slide stop operates by stopping on the mag follower. Is this correct? If so, I probably just have a worn follower on the mag...

2. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

You are correct Bill. The follower engages the slide stop lever after the last round is fired. By your account it seems likely to either be a worn follower or perhaps a weak mag spring if it is indeed a functional issue. Other reasons for people having problems with slide stop levers is inadvertantly thumbing the lever downward during live fire and/or incorrect slide stop lever spring placement although the latter will often times invoke unintended lockback with rounds still in mag.

3. BillK@tcmhmrs.o

BillK@tcmhmrs.o

Thanks for the quick response. It feeds well so far using just cheap 115gr Blazer- it just wouldn't lock back. It's not a big deal to me and I'll just get some more mags at some point and also a new follower. I looked at that follower and it looks a tad worn on the outside left edge. I generally count shots as I shoot, so to end up with a closed slide is not too big a deal. This is just a range gun as my G36 is my CCW.

4. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

Try stretching the mag spring for a more positive slide stop actuation.