close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Slide show with music???

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by cmzneb, Jan 20, 2007.

1. cmzneb

cmzneb

I want to put together a slide show with digital photos, and have music playing along as the pictures change.

Surely with all the darn programs that came on this new computer... One of them can do this fairly easy?

Can this be done with a program like Windows media player or something?

Thanks!

2. glock_40_calibe

glock_40_calibe Glocks Rock

Photostory I believe can do that, but I haven't really worked with it too much lately. If I remember correctly, you tell it what photos you want to use, and what audio files to go with it, and it does the rest, with the output file being a .WMV. I usually use powerpoint, as it lets me add captions and such where I need to put them easier. It's a little harder it insert the audio, but it works for me.

3. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

Windows Movie maker.. comes with XP.... you can set the amount of time you want each picture to show in video effects and you can put a sound track to it.

I made this slide show in moviemaker.. I didn't put a sound track in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCCviaZodU

4. cmzneb

cmzneb

Movie Maker is just what I was looking for. I stumbled across that on my computer last night.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Tvov

Tvov

I want to bump this up, to see if I can get any help. We have Windows Movie Maker on our computer, and as far as I can tell it is the latest version.

I made the post below a while ago, but didn't get any responses;

=====================================================================

Hey, I'm posting this here along with GNG to maybe get some more eyes on it...

My son has started playing around with "stop action" movies. It is actually quite easy, using a digital camera. Windows Movie Maker came with our PC. I know, there are plenty of other programs out there, but this is what we've got right now.

I may not be describing this well, and probably have the terms wrong, because this is all new to me....

My question is this: How do you speed up the "video" before saving it? The program seems to be playing the pictures in the clip back at a rate of like 4 seconds per picture (would that be .25fps [frame per second]?) It is pretty simple to copy the digital pictures into the program and line them up to make a "clip", but how do we change the speed before saving it?

Right now, the two short clips we've made are really slow when played at "normal" speed. Using Windows Media Player, we have too adjust the speed to something like 2.8 times normal to make them look halfway decent.

Thanks for any help!

====================================================================

If anyone has any ideas about this, we would really appreciate it.