Slide release

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pzlehr, Feb 20, 2010.

1. pzlehr

pzlehr

Hi,
    I bought a used G27 and was wondering if the slide release could be messed up since the slide will not go into battery when shooting. I also tried converting it to a 9mm (barrel,mag,bullets only) and it does the same exact thing. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Help would be appreciated!

Chuck

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

We'll need answers to all the usual questions Chuck!

Has it been altered in any way? Aftermarket parts, polishing etc.....

What ammo is being used?

How much experience do you have shooting Glocks?

3. mteagle1

mteagle1

I am supposed to tell you this is time to take it to your armorer. However.

If the slide stop lever was improperly installed it could stop the gun from cycling. Clear the gun and make sure it is empty, pull the trigger and pull back slighty on the slide, pull down on the slide lock (need to pull down both sides at the same time) and the slide should come off. 1st thing is to see if the slide stop lever is against the frame or did it pop up. If it popped up look for a little piece of wire in front of the locking block pin (top pin above trigger), if it is not there then it may be improperly installed or broken. Now is the time I tell you to see your armorer. Shameless advertising since I now are one.

Somebody else jump in and tell him how to fix it.

4. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

It doesn't go into battery, but it shoots?

Recoil spring?

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

mteagle's post makes me ask another question.

You say "the slide will not go into battery", this says to me that it's failing to close completely as it feeds the next round into the chamber. mteagle's post is apparently based on the slide's being locked fully open by the slide stop after each shot.....which is happening?

6. pzlehr

pzlehr

Hey!
    You guys are great!..I THINK it's the little spring attached to the slide stop lever. I took the slide off and was comparing my G27 and 23. I noticed on the 27(problem gun) the spring around the lever sticking up while in the 23 it was laying underneath the locking block. I tucked it back underneath went out and shot a mag worth....that was it!!! Shoots like a charm...like a GLOCK!!! This has to be THE best forum I know of and I am on quite a few...always a response...good answers. Thanks for your help!!

PS: it's real hard with "OLD" eyes to see how that little spring was sticking up rather than down!