close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

slide racker vs. cycle rate

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Aug 19, 2011.

1. mike g35

mike g35

I am getting ready to finish my G22 racegun and I have a slide racker (Carver Custom of course)that I was going to install in the rear sight dovetail. Do you think the weight of the slide racker will have any noticeable effect on my cycle rate? Should I just leave the rear sight dovetail empty? The slide racker weighs next to nothing but it does way more than a glock rear sight. I know most of you aren't into the raceguns like I am but I figured we were all into glocks and someone would have an answer for me. And the reason I ask is my G34's cyclicle rate is pretty slow, it still has both front and rear sights and a slide racker.

2. GlockinRandall

GlockinRandall Member

Im sure the slide racker might slow the slide down a TINY bit, I don't think it would be enough to matter. I have one on my UL gun, but I don't have sights on it and I've lightened my slide some, and its workes perfect. You probably already know this, but if you are using a comp you know you have to lighten your recoil spring and use loads that generate some good slide speed. Hope that helped to some degree.

3. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

I'm just here for the new drinking game . Everytime mikey posts "racegun" you get to take a shot. I am wasted!

:)

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

sounds like a great game, bet there'll be a lot of drunks on GT

5. mike g35

mike g35

:rofl:Good one!!! Ready..................racegun, now drink!!!!

6. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks. I didn't think it would slow my cycling down that much either and with the 40S&W round I don't even think the slide lightening is necessary but I know from experience the faster the gun cycles the more reliable it seems to be so I may leave it off anyway. BTW this G22 will have the sights removed and the mount will be as low as possible. I am going to run a 12# wolff roundwire spring and see how it works and then make any necassary adjustments. I have a Carver Hunter mount on my G34 and while it is great and all it sits a little too high so you can use the iron sights and the optic. But I am planning on changing that in the next few weeks to a Carver Competition mount (just the uprights) and lowering the ejection port to solve the problem. I think that will get me on the target a little faster with the G34. Thanks again.

7. unclebob

unclebob

Must say that explains a lot.:supergrin:

8. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Shotgun a bud light for every "Carver" you see!

Somebody take my keys.

9. GlockinRandall

GlockinRandall Member

racegun, carver, racegun, carver, racegun, carver, beer run, racegun, carver

10. mike g35

mike g35

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Carver Racegun..............anyone drunk yet.