close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Slide Pull

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by juicerey, Feb 11, 2010.

1. juicerey

juicerey

I just pick up my first glock (g 19 3rd gen) and although my slide pull is easier than my SR9 I have see video of other glock 19 owners and they pull their slide back alot easier can any one give me an explination for this

What im really asking is there a way for the slide pull to become easier. I know after like 700 rounds in my SR9 the slide pull became easier will this be the case with the glock

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. G36_Me

G36_Me

no; you are going to have to say more. Please, do.

3. Dingus

Dingus

Perhaps they are stronger than you. Perhaps their magazine springs are well broken in.

4. kda

kda NRA Life Member

Good question. In my case one of three things happened.

1. I got stronger over a few weeks of pulling back on the slide.
    2. The spring got somewhat relaxed so to was easier to pull.
    3. I developed the technique for pulling it back so it just seemed easier.

I think it was probably #3. Not certain but it seems so natural and easy now that it is difficult to remember how hard I thought it was originally.

I'm sure the young Turks don't even know what I am talking about; for them it was probably never hard to do ... indeed I can remember being at an age where I would have laughed at the idea of pulling a slide on the Glock was difficult.

5. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

I always used to have a little trouble with slides, mostly b/c the guns weren't mine. I know I'm not gonna break the thing racking the slide, but with other ppl's guns I was always a little more tentative. Once I got my G19, I was so jacked, it was no problem to grip and rip. But, like the others said, it will loosen up over time.

6. cciman

cciman

If you can break a gun by racking the slide as hard as you can, better not buy that particular gun (1911 :whistling:).

You are not racking fast enough and/or babying the slide. With an unloaded gun, mag out, and finger off the trigger, practice this:

with your gun sideways, and pointed forward at the level of the center of your chest, grab the slide serations with your non-dominate hand, push and pull simultaneously and slam the slide into place with the gun coming to a stop at full arm extension of your shooting hand, pointing towards a potential target.

Practice this 10 times, repeat as needed with an unloaded weapon. Slide suddenly feels very easy to pull.

7. ronin.45

ronin.45

repetition will accomplish all three of these things.

8. maddyfish

maddyfish left this *****

I think you get used to it, you get used to how to grip the slide, and how hard to pull it. I am still learning my Glock.

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Use the 'hand over' method to rack the slide, it much easier than using the 'sling shot' method. You're able to get a much grasp on the slide with your palm on one side and all four fingers on the other than you are trying to grab the slide with your thumb and the side of one finger.

Hand over:
    [​IMG]

Sling shot:
    [​IMG]

Yes, it is a two handed thing, but I was holding the camera with the other hand......

10. R*E

R*E

Exercise and eat your Wheaties. :wavey: