Slide not going into battery

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by azone5, Nov 5, 2019.

1. azone5

azone5

Gentlemen - we have resolution. glockenturn is the winner; it was residue in the SAFETY PLUNGER HOLE.

When I returned the slide, they said it would probably be because of residue. They cleaned it out and ran 30 rounds thru it. Got it back yesterday and had no problems with it today.

Also, I want to thank all of you for sharing your thoughts on this problem. It is obvious I have limited knowledge and experience doing this stuff. I have learned a lot from you and especially glockenturm with his advice on how to properly install/remove trigger pins. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    FullClip likes this.
  2. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

I have never found actual "residue" in the FP channel, but the best way to attract crud there is to OIL the channel... sometimes through that weep hole, sometimes perhaps around the FP Safety. In the future, keep oil or oily cleaners away from the FP channel and I can't see that problem ever returning.

When I detail strip the slide I simply run a clean Q-tip down the channel a few times and check the cups.

3. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Well, I still think it’s a striker problem...

:couch:
    That’s was a joke. Just a damn joke!

4. azone5

azone5

I know some of what I posted was laughable, but it was all new to me. I can detail strip 1911s but haven’t had to learn much about Glocks. Plus, I’m old now and learning and retaining new stuff is not as easy as it used to be. You all helped and I learned, and lwe had some laughs. Win win

switch625 and MNBud like this.
  5. DrewBone

DrewBone

Sir, none of us are too old to learn, and those like yourself who are appreciative of other people's efforts to share what they know so you can become further educated, need to realize that learning can be a humbling experience for all of us! A problem only surfaces when people get snooty and condescending and think that they know everything...and that's when people start calling them a-holes behind their backs, LOL ;)

I'm glad that you got your problem resolved :D

AdamRodgers, Lawdog3 and SARDG like this.
  6. azone5

azone5

I agree with you. I am learning and that is nothing to get upset about. I would rather have fun learning than getting my britches all tied up in a knot.

DrewBone and Lawdog3 like this.
  7. TheSlowLane

TheSlowLane

A nice back and forth thread with a happy ending and no hurt feelings. How refreshing!

glock collector likes this.
  8. Lawdog3

Lawdog3 “Fast is fine but accuracy is final” Wyatt Earp

Well said DrewBone!!

DrewBone likes this.
  9. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

Excellent, glad you got it figured out.

Who milled your slide? I'm about to do the same.

10. azone5

azone5

JagerWerks has done a P320 compact and the Glock, both with RMRs and new irons. Their work is superb and I highly recommend them.

Also, I re-read the email I received from them and they said it was crud in the SAFETY PLUNGER HOLE. Geez, I can’t read anymore either.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    AdamRodgers likes this.