Slide lightening and spring changes

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by zeaken, Aug 3, 2015.

1. zeaken

zeaken

I was debating have the slide milled on my g26 gen4. I am going to be doing this in conjunction with an LW external ported barrel.

I know when you lighten the slide it affects your cycle rate which can lead to reliable issues and the gun being battered. I have found a lot of aftermarket springs for the larger glocks but nothing for the little g26. Can you guys suggest where I could get different springs and/or what kind of springs I would want to be aiming for?

2. my_old_glock

my_old_glock

Wolff springs.

https://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=5#123

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Wolff has springs to fit the needs. Good Luck.

4. zeaken

zeaken

I think some of the milling work can be really neat looking stuff and you almost never see a milled 26 for whatever reason. So looks are the primary reason.

Secondary is I am looking into the impacts of milling it on performance. I know increase cycle times create more of a "snappier" feel but I am also trying to research into if you kept the total mass the same but reduced slide mass if it would create a better preforming pistol assuming the base the the current weight is the ideal weight for shooting for that particular user (ie me).

5. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Your recoil spring will be the key, the lightest captivated recoil spring I have seen is 14# , while uncaptured gives you more options, you might want to bounce this off LoneWolf they may gave come across this, Good Luck.