Slide Finish

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sgt-spam, Mar 16, 2010.

1. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

First off, a search for 'finish' resulted in a lot of back-and-forth threads about finish, treatment, and place of manufacture - I'm not interested in that right now.

I want to buy a Glock 30, and as a GSSF member, I can get a great deal, but here's my dilemma:

I prefer the glossy slide finish as opposed to the 'new' matte finish I've seen. As a result, I'm trying to find as much information as I can about the models currently being produced with the matte finish. Specifically, are current production G30's coming with the glossy or matte finish?

This will basically help me decide whether I can 'safely' order a G30 online and save a few bucks, or pay the outrageous local in-store prices...

2. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

I got a G19 with a born-on date of December 3, 2009 and it has the matte finish on the slide. I can't say what a G30 would look like.

Call Glock and ask. 770-432-1202. Ask for a Tech with a question about your G30.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520

I just bought a G27 with a test-fire date of Aug 09 and it has the matte finish. I also prefer the slick finish.

I know most G-series serial number Glocks have the slick finish, as my G23 does. This is one of the little details that's not covered very well by the serial number research thread.

I know that some recent production Glocks have had the slick finish, but FAR more have had the matte finish. I'd be willing to bet if you ordered a G30 without knowing for sure, you'd end up with a matte finish one.

Check around locally. You're likely not to find a G30 at all, let alone a slick finish one. I haven't even seen a G30 in my area for more than a year. But it's worth looking. One of my local shops has a couple of G-series Glocks with the slick finish, a G21 and G20.