close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Slide finish on new Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Roger1079, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Roger1079

Roger1079

When I bought my Gen4 G27 and fired and cleaned it for the first time, I remember hating the slide finish because of the color, texture, and the fact that cleaning it was a pain. It was different than any of my other Glock pistols which were all 4-5 years old.

I did some searching and found a bunch of threads about it. All of those threads said Glock was done with the smooth black coating and all new Glocks would have that dull greyish semi rough textured finish.

I just picked up a Gen3 G27 test fired 2/16/12 and the slide is dark black and smooth. Have new Glocks gone back to the finish they had several years ago?

2. cciman

cciman

They change their finish all the time, and/or the environmental condtions (humidity, airflow, temperature, light) change how one paints differently than another. It keeps one gun from looking exactly like another.

See my recent post on tenifer subject.

3. Roger1079

Roger1079

I jsut read that thread. Thanks for the input. I'm just thrilled my new pistol has the finish I like. I had lost hope from reading many of the older threads regarding the change in finish.

4. vmann

vmann Controller

back and fourth back and fourth and soo on and soo on....there has been no ryme or reason as to what finish glock puts on their pistols....when i bought my 27 a year and a half ago, they brough out 3 and all three had different finishes on them....

5. cciman

cciman

I don't know how many handguns Glock makes, but they are mass produced. As such, I suspect that the parts can be made in different places, or by different supply entities.

Like your car engine parts will not look exactly the same either.