Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the slide finish was on the first gen Glocks ?? I don't think it was the tennifer finish ?? but not sure

I have seen people nickel and chrome the slide, but what about re-bluing one ??

· troy ounce gold
1,708 Posts
anyone know what the slide finish was on the first gen Glocks ?? I don't think it was the tennifer finish ?? but not sure

I have seen people nickel and chrome the slide, but what about re-bluing one ??
Like what most have commented, chances are that your G19 is a gen 2. With regards to finish, all Austrian made GLOCKs since gen 1 all go through a tennifer treatment/process then finished with a black coating. Gen 1 and 2 are a dull phosphate finish. Gen 3 is a Teflon like finish. Gen 4 and current are cross between the dull phosphate and Teflon like (closer in texture/appearance to the dull phosphate).

· Registered
1,756 Posts
If the black phosphate on you 19 needs replacing, LoneWolf advertises that the phosphate that they do is the same as what Glock did prior to 2003. I have a few of their black barrels and it sure matches up nicely with my gen 2s.

Cat

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where in the hell did any of you read Glock 19 ????

It's a 17 and it's FIRST Gen

And reblue or parkerized because chrome and nickel look ghetto and I have those services available to me

All would look better than the rust, bought gun at auction , gun got wet, put into case, owner arrested, went to police property room for years awaiting trial.....
Want to refinish thus why I asked a question

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn my bad it should read 17, no idea why i would have typed that ?

I don't see how I can go back and edit it now ??

It's a G17 everybody, I'm a moron .....lol

· Registered
3,566 Posts
Maybe you can send it in to Glock to have it refinished? They sub it out but it would be as Glocklike as you can get and the cost isn't too bad. They could even slap some night sights on cheap too if you want. Oh, you can get CPPII in a dark gray ('dusk') if you want.

· Registered
4,541 Posts
If it is not rusting I see no need for refinish at all. As a working gun ( no one can accuse a glock of being pretty) you are going to wear finish shoot holster and drive on. No matter what finish you choose if you use the gun it is going to wear off eventually anyway. Never saw the point of refinishing unless you were having rust issues
Even on a gen 1 17 while I do not think these will ever be truly collectible refinishing almost never adds value to a gun and more often than not decreases it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.