Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the news last night, and the reporter was talking about about a shooting that happened (daily occurrence). In the usual picture up/to the side of the reporter's head was a picture of a GLOCK. Not just an outline of its shape, but it looked as if someone just pasted a picture of one there with bold letters: SHOOTING. The only thing missing was the bottom of the grip and the tip of the barrel. I got to thinking(uh-oh)-why doesn't GLOCK take some legal action when it comes to their pistols being splashed on every news report that involves a shooting? I'm sure other news channels do this also. Does GLOCK like the publicity? Do they even care? It's bad enough every rapper has to rap about them-turning them into a household name. Now they are a category-a bad one. Oh well. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
There's no basis for legal action, as there is no slander. Slander requires a false, and often, malicious, statement. Showing a picture of a Glock as a generic representation of a gun symbolizing a shooting for a news broadcast is not defaming Glock. Just as if they used a picture of wrecked Ford to introduce a story about a traffic accident is not slandering Ford.

K

·
you son of a
1,394 Posts
I was going through the airport last week, and noticed the gun they had on the TSA posters listing all the things you can't carry on board was a mid-frame Glock.

Maybe it was a Glock 7?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts