Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was having big misfire problems in my bond arms using my reloads. If I shoot factory .40 and reload that brass it is 100% fire. The glock brass expanding is causing the misfire with my reloads. Is there away to size this expansion out of the glock brass. The reloads are find in glocks and S-W but no go in the bond arms....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Get yourself a Redding GX-R resizing die. It will resize your brass and remove all bulges left using other conventional resizing dies.

I have had one for years now and it works every time.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I have a G-Rx die. Nice tool, but would check a few things first before committing to an extra step.

When you say misfire, can you explain further? Light primer strike? Not plunking into the chamber(s)? The gun in reference is like a derringer, right?

If it doesn't chamber, be sure to turn the sizer down until touching the shell holder. In the case of a progressive, be sure it's turned down enough to fully lift the toolhead.

We'd also need to know where it is hanging up. How far will a cartridge chamber if inserted backward?

·
Hilljack
2,640 Posts
I run all my 40 and 45 thru the Lee bulge buster dies. I also use a Lyman case gauge pistol block to check every round I reload.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I run all my 40 and 45 thru the Lee bulge buster dies. I also use a Lyman case gauge pistol block to check every round I reload.
Same here + 10mm and 357 Sig. Have the Lee APP press set up just for the bulge buster. Don't check every load but do check randomly.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I load on a 1050 using dillon .40 dies. They work every gun I have tried them in including those with Barsto and KKM barrels. YMMV

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Glock 40S&W's had bulged brass since the early 90's. So first question is does your load plunk test in your gun? What bullet shape are you using? What's the AOL? Does you load case gage? That check is to SAAMI specs. What press are you loading on? Are you not seating the primer all the way down? Lee dies DO NOT full length resize anything, only a GRX pass thru die can do that, or a roll sizer. But a roll sizer costs more than all the ammo you would shoot in a life time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts