close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Size of a P245 vs Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Happy G, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Happy G

Happy G

Folks I could use a little help. How does a Sig 245 compair to a Glock 30 size wise?(or a Glock 36 for that matter) I have a G30 but for me it is really just too fat to ccw comfortably. I also have a Para Carry that as of yesterday I have doubts about. The magazine catch split in two as well as the screw that holds it in. What other junk is in there? So, after I fix it I think I'll trade it. I'm looking for a smaller than a Glock 30 to ccw. How does the Sig stack up?
    Thank you,
    Happy

2. ksss

ksss

The P245 is considered a compact by Sig. However if check the Sig web site you'll see it is not a great deal dimensionally smaller than a P220. I have never held a Glock 30 (I am allergic to plastic handguns). The P245 comes with 6 round mags but the standard 8 round P220 mags fit the P245 (they just extend below the grip). Some complain about the grip on the P245. It fits me fine and I believe it would be more narrow than the Glock, but its not an overly compact. I chose it because it interfaces with my P220's (holsters, ammo, magazines) and it is totally reliable.

3. Scrappy

Scrappy

The Sig P245 is
    Longer in length
    higher in height
    fatter in width
    has more weight
    and holds only 6 rds
    to the G30's 10.
    If you want something smaller I would look into a Kimber Stainless Ultra carry. That thing is a tack driver and the only problems were from cheap magazines.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Scrappy's right. The P245 is bigger and heavier, while still managing to hold less rounds. Go with the G36 if you want a thinner, lighter 45.

5. JMag

JMag

I own both and shoot both well. However, I prefer the P245. It doesn't feel as large as the fully loaded G30 and it is more accurate, but not by much. The 245 made more sense to me than a 220 seeing only a round or two difference but having a smaller gun. It feels much smaller than the 220 to me.Both are excellent.

6. Adam Thiel

Adam Thiel

The P245 is not thicker than the G30. The P245 is essentially the same thickness as my P220, and when I hold the P220 next to a G30, the slide of the G30 is substantially thicker than the P220. When I put each down my waistband, the P220 is noticeably slimmer than the G30, and because of that, to me, makes a more comfortable carry piece.

7. DAVE RICHARDS

DAVE RICHARDS

I have both. The P245 is easier to carry concealed. Being a single stack it is a much better fit to my hand than the G-30. The grip is too short for some folks though. It just fits me. The G-30 is a chunky little beast. It feels fatter in my IWB holsters. The 245 is very accurate and like most Sigs totally reliable. I carry it much more than the G-30 because of the better fit. I keep my G-30 as my camping/hiking gun. Can't beat the toughness of the Glocks finish. I think it would hold up to bad environments better. But for everyday carry the P245 by a landslide.
    p.s. before I bought my G30 I compared it to a G36. The difference in grip size to me wasn't worth giving up the extra rounds. The G-30 is also a tack driver BTW.

8. Mister Joshua

Mister Joshua Sig Addiction

The 245 has the same measurements as the 229, with a .01 difference in frame width.

My 229 conceals well. All Sigs are going to be much heavier than Glocks, they are made that way. if you want lighter, go Glock - if you want Sig, go Sig.

I aim/shoot better with a sig, although I can "point-shoot" well with a glock. Personally for me, the sig sight picture and heavy weight help me aquire and hold targets longer, and the weight helps with barrel climb.

I have a 229 in 357, and will soon be the proud papa of a 220... unless I can find a comparably-priced 245.