Six False Accusations by John Lewis, Hero-Turned-Hack

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Jan 15, 2017.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Joel B. Pollak

Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) is a civil rights hero. He is also one of the most partisan members of the Democratic Party, and frequently accuses his political opponents, falsely, of racism.

Lewis also uses his iconic stature to deflect criticism when he is called out for these false attacks, exploiting — and, arguably, demeaning — the civil rights movement.

Here are five of the worst recent examples of what has become, for Rep. Lewis, a shamefully routine practice.

2008: Falsely accused Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and Gov. Sarah Palin of racism. Lewis attacked McCain and Palin, then running against Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) for president: “Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin are sowing the seeds of hatred and division,” he said, going on to suggest that the Republican ticket were creating the climate for racist terrorism. “[Democrat] George Wallace never threw a bomb … but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans … four little girls were killed on Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama.” Years later, McCain still had not forgiven him: “I’ll never forgive John Lewis,” he told AL.com in 2013.

2010: Falsely claimed that Tea Party demonstrators said the “N-word” during anti-Obamacare rally. Lewis joined several other members of the Congressional Black Caucus in claiming that a crowd of thousands of Tea Party protesters on the steps of Capitol Hill had shouted the “N-word” at them when they walked through the crowd — apparently in the hope of provoking a reaction. “It surprised me that people are so mean and we can’t engage in a civil dialogue and debate,” Lewis claimed. But he never proved the accusation — and when Andrew Breitbart offered to donate $10,000, then $100,000, to the United Negro College Fund for any video evidence of the “N-word,” none surfaced — despite hundreds of cameras present.

2012: Falsely accused Republicans of wanting to take Americans back to Jim Crow. Lewis gave a speech at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina in which he recalled being beaten by white racists, along with fellow Freedom Riders, in 1961. He concluded by implying that Republicans wanted to bring back those days of blood and hatred: “Brothers and sisters, do you want to go back? Or do you want to keep America moving forward?”

2016: Falsely compared Donald Trump to George Wallace. Reviving his theme from 2008, Lewis said that Trump reminded him of the governors of the Jim Crow South and the police who let dogs loose on demonstrators: “I’ve been around a while and Trump reminds me so much of a lot of the things that George Wallace said and did … Sometimes I feel like I am reliving part of my past. I heard it so much growing up in the South…I heard it so much during the days of the civil rights movement. As a people, I just think we could do much better,” he told the Los Angeles Times in an interview.

2017: Falsely claimed Trump is “illegitimate” because of a Russian “conspiracy.” Joining the tin foil hat brigade, Lewis claimed that Trump was a kind of “Manchurian Candidate” put in place by Russia: “I don’t see the president-elect as a legitimate president. … I think there was a conspiracy on the part of the Russians, and others, that helped him get elected.”

Update:

2016: Falsely claimed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) played no role in the civil rights movement. Lewis, a supporter of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s bid for the presidency, tried to trash Sanders’s civil rights credentials. “I never saw him. I never met him,” Lewis said. Proof later emerged of Sanders’s arrest in civil rights protests in Chicago in the 1960s.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/15/john-lewis-false-racism-hero-partisan/

JMag, Caver 60, MtnBiker and 2 others like this.
  2. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Lewis is an ******* stuck in the 1960s and afraid he and his race baiting cohorts will finally be recognized as the primary reason black families have disintegrated.

3. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

It is astounding to realize that, even after 8 years of a black president, blacks in many cabinet positions and other important roles, and a Black Caucus which yields incredible power, that to look around today and realize the black "family" is actually worse off than 8 years ago! They need to wake the hell up and initiate their own purge of their ineffective leaders, as we on the right have done.

JMag, Caver 60, Dave Brubaker and 5 others like this.
  4. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

In a lot of ways, they're worse off than they were 50 years ago, largely due to the effects of the welfare system that keeps them in a cycle of poverty generation after generation.

Dave Brubaker, Cambo, Rellik and 3 others like this.
  5. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Well said.

6. HammerG19

HammerG19 A short American.

He a perfect example of Dem's stupidity. Never met a Dem who wasn't a useless skin sack.

jimbo123 and The Machinist like this.
  7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

My working hypothesis is that like every other professional politician in D.C., Lewis and the other African-Americans in power become accustomed to the privileged life they lead up there, and quickly forget their constituency who sent them there. Observation being that the people in their districts are worse off now than a decade ago. So just "what" are they doing up there? Enjoying the good life, rubbing elbows, raking it in, life is good.

Dare I say..................... they need a black Trump?! Someone to tell them how their leaders are stupid and are not helping them at all? Talk to them in un-PC words that are understood? I won't hold my breath on that, though.

Caver 60 and janice6 like this.
  8. Dave514

Dave514

They had a great one in Thomas Sowell. Nobody listened.

Caver 60 and HammerG19 like this.
  9. jimbo123

jimbo123

Everybody I know wants black America to succeed, we would all be better off. Lewis and the Democrats keep selling their poison. It's not going to end well for any of us.

Dave Brubaker and HammerG19 like this.
  10. F350

F350

Lewis is nothing but a two bit, has been, race hustler.

Glock1963 and Dave Brubaker like this.
  11. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

John Lewis has been in congress 20 years this year.

What has he done for his constituency in that time?

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I'm not sure why we are required to call Lewis a "hero." He was just another 60's protester and since then he's made a career out of trading on his association with MLK, as have others, like Jesse Jackson and Marion Berry.

happyguy and Caver 60 like this.
  13. steve4102

steve4102

At least 20 Democratic lawmakers plan to skip Inauguration Day

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-lawmakers-plan-to-skip-inauguration-day.html

Democratic lawmakers used the spat between Trump and Lewis as a reason for canceling plans for Inauguration Day, including Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif.

“For me, the personal decision not to attend [the] inauguration is quite simple: Do I stand with Donald Trump, or do I stand with John Lewis? I am standing with John Lewis,” Lieu said in a statement.

Other lawmakers who don’t plan on attending Friday’s ceremony include: Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., Rep. Katherine Clark, D-Mass., Rep. John Conyers, D- Mich., Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif., Rep. Mark DeSaulnier, D-Calif., Rep. Lacy Clay, D-Mo., Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., Rep. Adam Smith, D- Wash., Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif., Rep. Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz., Rep. Kurt Schrader, D-Ore., Rep. José E. Serrano, D-NY, Rep. Nydia Velázquez, D-N.Y., Rep. Mark Takano, D- Calif., Rep. Yvette Clarke, D-NY, Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-NY and Rep. Adriano Espaillat, D-NY.

14. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

John Lewis is a hero because his official biography says so. :upeyes:

https://johnlewis.house.gov/john-lewis/biography

[​IMG]
    "John Lewis...is a genuine American hero and moral leader who commands widespread respect in the chamber."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must be true...the government says so.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    F350 likes this.
  15. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Repost.... from my post on another thread.

Lewis obviously believes that half of the voters is illegitimate.
    In fact, outside of CA cities, NY cities, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, the rest of the country is illegitimate, according to him.
    Furthermore, he believes most of this country's Land Owners voices is illegitimate.

Coming from a deeply ingrained culture of Fathers leaving their children and unwed mothers, don't you think it makes sense why he said so.
    It's called "projection" of personal experience on others.

16. F350

F350

The celebration will be all the better without them; it will be like having a birthday party when you were a kid without having to invite the kid nobody likes.

17. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

A lot of the former Civil Rights leaders sold out to help the democrats.

IMG_1516.JPG