sites

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by southernshooter, Mar 1, 2010.

1. southernshooter

southernshooter

When you are tired of tv and have checked all of your usual gun and other internet sites what do you go to as a last resort on the internet?
    For me it is www.vandwellers.org, apparently there are thousands of people living in their vans (or cars/rv's) The site is about how to bathe, cook, wash clothes, stay safe, stay out of the view of the police, sleep etc in your van. Would never want to do it but they have it down to quite a science.
    Another is www.backwoodshome.com and www.survivalboards.com. I have never been a pure survivalist but do keep some of the ideas in mind. Lastly "David's Farm" on youtube. He has some great small engine repair videos and some really crazy videos-He is in Canada
    Who has some others? I know many people have kids and work and have a life-not like me, just retired and its too cold outside to do much for a few more weeks.

2. The Hawk

The Hawk

Hey there southernshooter. Have you checked out www.Candlepowerforums.com?
    Some interesting folks on there. Be careful though. You might develop an addiction to flashlights. Just kidding of course.
    I know what you mean about being retired and the weather not cooperating much. I retired in 2008 and am waiting for warmer weather so that I can break out the fishing gear. I have not been on this one in a while but was impressed with all of the addresses I could look up and see on the computer. www.vpike.com shows actual footage of address as seen from the road. Not everywhere is on there, but quite a few are.
    Have fun and enjoy your retirement.