Site Problem

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by WIMPY, Aug 5, 2005.

1. WIMPY

WIMPY

WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I POST A REPLY AND THEN TRY TO RETURN TO THE BOARDS I GET A MESSAGE THAT "THE PAGE HAS EXPIRED" AND TO RETURN I HAVE TO GO BACK & ENTER THE WEB ADDRESS AGAIN?

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

Because you're probably using internet explorer and it sucks. Go to www.mozilla.com/products/firefox and download and use that to surf the web. Its a much better product, and its FREE.

Secondly, click here and make sure the following two options say yes:

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)
    Browse board with cookies?

Thirdly, turn off the caps lock key on your keyboard. It is considered yelling on a forum, and makes your post difficult to read.

:cool:

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

You may call yourself WIMPY, but you don't have to over come it by SHOUTING!!! Hit the caplock key off, please!!!

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

That isn't a problem with my site. Try using the navigation links, near the top of each page on the site, to navigate the site, rather than using your browser's 'Back' and 'Forward' buttons.

Every page on the site is dynamically generated by a program and depending on the security settings of your browser, you can get the 'Page Expired' page when you try to navigate back to a dynamically-generated page using your browser's 'Back' button. Eric

5. GlockMan40s&w

GlockMan40s&w MS Glocker

I use IE and when I go back to another page, I just hit the down arrow beside the back button and find the page i want to go to.