close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sister just hit by some lady without insurance

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eurodriver, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

She blew through a redlight (her reasoning was that she was trying to beat the yellow light so she didn't get a ticket from the cameras :steamed: ) and hit my sister.

The cops showed up immediately. My sister has full coverage but surprise surprise - the non-English speaking, Hispanic-looking (I won't say illegal....gotta be PC) has no insurance.

Of course she also "had" to go to the hospital to avoid arrest (where she won't pay that bill either).

Thats absolute BS. She pays her insurance premium every 6 months. Why should her payments go up because of some migrant farm worker's wife?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

If the accident was 100% the other drivers fault, your sisters insurance premiums should not change. I am glad your sister was not hurt.

3. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Law suit and persistence sounds good.

4. dango

dango

If you sue someone that has nothing , what do you stand to gain ?

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

That's a huge bite of a crap sandwich my friend, I'm glad your sister is okie dokie though:angel:

6. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

You bankrupt them, or hope they end up messing up and paying for the price criminally.

7. ustate

ustate NRA Member

Sorry to hear about your sister's situation.

I had something similiar a few years ago. I'm driving to work and get rear ended, the hispanic kid gets out of his car is calling me out for a fight (he hits me and calls me out to fight, what's up with that?) I hop out, remember I'm heading to work...and I'm LEO,lol. He puts his arms down, shuts right up and gets back in his car. Of course, just like with your sister, he has no insurance, no drivers license and no registration and forgets how to speak English. Luckily the bumper on my truck was just bent down just a hair, he was driving a Honda Civic and after he hit me must have had his engine sitting shotgun...his car was totaled.

8. dherloc

dherloc X-Nuc

A lawyer once told me that you never know how much money a person has until you sue them. Just because they don't have insurance, doesn't me they don't have money.

9. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Every accident my cars have been involved in was with uninsured motorists. It's epidemic, that's why you carry insurance...

Just one more facet of a society that makes some people pay the bills of others ..... :steamed:

10. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

According to some LEO buddies between 1/4 and 1/3 of all drivers in the Metroplex either never have auto insurance or they have long gaps in coverage every year. It's sickening that we allow this type of serial law-breaking. At least now in Dallas and Highland Park and University Park PD can have no insurance cars towed away.

11. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Sorry.

That same general thing has happened to us twice over the years.

12. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Was behind a roofing "crew" that had a stack of debris in the back of a pickup piled higher than the cab with a single strap holding it down. The strap shifted and a big chunk came off and hit the front of the Explorer I was driving and bent the brush guard up against the grill and hood (thankfully it was there to protect the vehicle).

Pull off the freeway and the guy says he has insurance, but has no card. Gives me the number to a place and wants to not involve police (yeah right). Fortunately, a DPS scale unit came upon us and stopped. The trooper put him on the scales and he had one and a half tons loaded into a half ton pickup.

Tickets he was given:
    Unsafe load
    Expired license
    Expired registration
    Expired inspection
    No insurance

I did call the number he gave me when I got home. His policy had lapsed months ago.

13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Is this yet another thing you need the Police for, despite those frequent chanters of: "I don't need the Police for anything, I can take care of myself" ?

14. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Situation normal.

15. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

You've never heard me say anything like that.

16. water_daddy

water_daddy

Should is key. Someone has got to pay the price. Even if collisions are not your fault if you start to get these type of incidents you have an increased record of risk as noted by your insurance company.

17. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Has it changed? I was stopped behind another car (making a left) and got plowed into. IIRC they said I was 20% at "fault" for being on road. I asked "Where can I get a vertical lift so I can jump my car up so idiot can slide under me?"

I have found the folks with no insurance do have cash. Take the cash and let it go. (The Police can't do much to them anyway)

18. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Yeah. Nothing racist or otherwise judgmental in this post.

19. johnd

johnd

Sorry to hear that but welcome to the New America where everyone is blameless for everything.
    I too was recently hit in my PV by an illegal who turned left from my right side, ran on me and had no documentation and kids in his truck with no safety seats. I chased him to get him to stop and went 10.8 to call him into dispatch who sent an associate who cited him for just about everything including my hit and run ( Im a LEO so can do that even when off duty) and chile seat violations and endangering a child etc etc ....and he disappeared, never paid the fines and no doubt gave a false name anyway. ICE wouldnt come and get him and DCF didnt want his kids at the scene.
    I get my insurance renewal and they show a crash AGAINST me....my own insurance company had to pay for my repairs and could not collect from the other party so raised my insurance.
    Welcome to the New America where you get ripped off for everything if you do it right and have any values or ethics.

20. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Now you are being silly. And anyway there is a difference between a racist comment like, "in aggregates white have more curved femurs than blacks". That is racist, but not bigoted, and it's 100% accurate.

Like it or not. Illegals generally don't have auto insurance, they tend to drive lame worn out autos, they have lots of wrecks and they rarely pay afterwards. I'm at least 1/8 Mexican by lineage BTW.

ETA - I think I'm more like 1/6 Mexican.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.