Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sippin' whiskey ya'll like? I am partial to a good Woodford Reserve. Accidentally sent this before to General Glocking and making amends to those who thought I was completely smashed...sorry :)

·
The Resistance
4,058 Posts
Looking forward to trying Woodford when my Knob Creek bottle runs dry.

I've also been enjoying Laphroaig 18 yr scotch.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,514 Posts
Makers Mark
Jameson's Irish Whiskey

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
What sippin' whiskey ya'll like? I am partial to a good Woodford Reserve. Accidentally sent this before to General Glocking and making amends to those who thought I was completely smashed...sorry :)
Woodford is Kentucky Bourbon....:tongueout: and yes I realize that all bourbons are whiskey, but not all whiskey are bourbons. Just teasin. I'm poor so I have to settle for Evan Williams most of the time. When im really broke its Kentucky Gentleman, and if I have a little extra cash I spring for Beam. I like woodford, just cant afford it..

Call me cheap... thats probably why I usually mix it with Dr.Pepper or ginger ale of some sort.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I didn't sip in my drinking days, I guzzled. Woodford is pretty good though. If I was trying to sip something good, Gentleman Jack isn't too bad either, but a little sweet for some. Never had JD single barrel...

·
NEVER BACK DOWN
1,505 Posts
Maker's Mark and Maker's Mark 46. Sometimes I'll go with Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit.

ETA: If we're talking all "whiskey" and not just bourbon I'll add Johnny Walker Green Label to my list. 15 year old vatted scotch whisky. Delish.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have a long list of aged, expensive, delicious whiskeys that I love. HOWEVER, who here has tried Rich and Rare?? It's a canadian whiskey that isn't sold in canada. It's great and happens to be CHEAP as can be ($12.99 for a 1.75 liter at twin liquors).

When I've told people about this whiskey, they either laugh, try it, then are hooked, or already drink it, or know bartenders who drink and recommend it. Give it a try.

PS: It's nice to be able to sip a whiskey straight, or mix it, or have some spill, and never feel bad because of price.

·
Amerikaner
8,858 Posts
Isle of Jura single malt, Highland Park, Talisker, Glenkeniche, Glenmoraigne....hell just about any single malt

·
SAF
10,614 Posts
I'm partial to the Islay single malts, Lag in particular, but Woodford Reserve is mighty good for an inexpensive whiskey (inexpensive compared to good scotch).

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
I didn't sip in my drinking days, I guzzled. Woodford is pretty good though. If I was trying to sip something good, Gentleman Jack isn't too bad either, but a little sweet for some. Never had JD single barrel...
The Gent is 10x better than the single barrel IMO, cheaper too.

·
You Breed 'Em, YOU Feed 'Em!
887 Posts
Evan & 7 is good too!

·
familyman
3,103 Posts
Try EAGLE RARE... I have had SEVERAL top shelf. Try ER.

·
Semper Fi
7,259 Posts
Buffalo Trace

·
Registered
771 Posts
Makers Mark or Makers 46...

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Woodford is Kentucky Bourbon....:tongueout: and yes I realize that all bourbons are whiskey, but not all whiskey are bourbons. Just teasin. I'm poor so I have to settle for Evan Williams most of the time. When im really broke its Kentucky Gentleman, and if I have a little extra cash I spring for Beam. I like woodford, just cant afford it..

Call me cheap... thats probably why I usually mix it with Dr.Pepper or ginger ale of some sort.

I'm so sorry you have to drink Evan Williams, my friend:sadangel::shocked::faint:

1 - 20 of 122 Posts